34 - Recovery

You couldn't tell if it was someone's childish voice nearby or the bright light hanging over your head which woke you up first. The light shone through closed eyelids, and you felt pressure on your eyes from the brightness of it, the sensation similar to having your eyes poked. Gojo's loud voice rung in the room, adding to the throbbing headache.

"L/n-san!" He beamed when he saw you awake. The puncture wound on his arm was gone, along with the scratches across his face. He stood in the medical room next to Ieiri as if he was completely fine.

You tried to sit up and groaned when you felt a sharp pain in your chest.

"Your ribs are still healing," Ieiri said. "I used my healing technique, so you should be back to normal in a week."

Then it all came back to you. Gojo's wounded face, Itadori eating the finger, and turning into Sukuna...

My sister protecting me... and Megumi...

You ignored the pain and sat upright. "Where's Megumi and Kazuko?" You asked. "What happened to them?"

"Fushiguro broke a rib like you," Ieiri said.

"Well, you know what they say about couples," Gojo said, "Always gotta be matching–"

Ieiri smacked him across the back of the head hard. "And the girl hasn't woken up since she saved you," She continued while he pouted and rubbed his head, "But I think she'll wake up soon. She used up a lot of her energy with her techniques."

"Techniques?" You asked, eyebrows knitted into a frown. 

"We'll discuss it later, when one of the higher-ups gets here. Don't worry about it, for now."

"How'd the higher-ups find out about it?"

"We have to report to them about missions like this. We don't really have a choice."

"Can I go see Kazuko? Where is she?"

"You should let her rest."

"Please, Ieiri-san? What about Megumi?"

"You need to rest, too. I'll let you go in a week."

"Where is he?"

"He's in his dorm."

"Is he ok? Can I see him?"

"No. Go back to sleep, I'll go check in on him, now. Gojo, make sure L/n-san doesn't leave."

"Got it!"

Ieiri left the room and shut the door. You looked at Gojo with pleading eyes.

"Sensei–"

"Nope. You gotta stay here."

"But I haven't seen him in ages!"

"It's been two days, L/n."

"Still..." You folded your arms and sighed. "Also, what happened to Itadori?"

Outside you heard a familiar voice shout in excitement, "L/n's awake!? Really? Ok, thanks Ieiri-sensei, I'll go talk to them!"

The door swung open loudly and you winced. Itadori stood in the doorway, wearing a navy jujutsu uniform and red hoodie.

"L/n-san! I'm so glad you're awake!"

He rushed forward and kneeled by the bed you lay on.

"I'm so sorry for eating the finger, L/n, I really am– I should've listened to you and stayed away, I'm really sorry–"

"Itadori, it's fine," You laughed, "Don't worry about it. We all survived."

"Also, I'm gonna be your new classmate!"