17 - Mission

Sapporo city was busy and bustling with people on their way to work. The pathways were filled with swarms of people and the road was busy.

You sat in a large seven-seat taxi with Gojo, Megumi and the second years. You sat near Toge who stared out of the window.

"Tuna tuna!" Toge said, pointing to the centre of the road where a park was. Many people were there, observing giant, beautiful snow sculptures. Warm lights on string hung from trees yet to blossom, snow covering branches like icing on a cake.

"That's the Sapporo snow festival," Gojo replied.

"Let's go there!" Panda said.

"After our mission."

The taxi stopped outside a hotel. The entrance was grand and the building was extremely tall. When you were going up the elevator, he began to talk about who was sleeping where.

"There's a room for each of you from rooms 732-736. I'll be in 737."

He held out the keycards which you all took and the elevator doors opened. Toge and Panda picked rooms 732 and 733 so they were next to each other and Maki took 734, leaving you and Megumi with 735 and 736.

"Alright, go to your rooms and grab whatever you need," Gojo said.

Your room was twice the size of your dorm back in Tokyo. The curtains were sheer, letting in light from outside. The bed was layered with soft rugs to keep you warm and embroidered pillows. Several pendant lights suspended by thin cords hung from the ceiling, projecting soft, warm light around the room.

You opened up your suitcase. The weapons inside included your katana, a few unopened packets of chopsticks and the needle. You put the needle and chopsticks into your uniform pocket and grabbed your katana.

"Time to go to your first mission, L/n-san!" Gojo said, using his keycard to unlock your door.

"You can use your keycard to get in!?"

"Yep, you can access any room from 732-736 with your keycard, too. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I think so..."

"Great! Now help me get the others!"

You walked into the corridor and approached the room next to yours. You knocked before swiping your keycard to let Megumi know you were coming in.

"Y/n?" He said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"It's time to go," You replied, facing him.

He nodded.

"But before we go, is something bothering you?" You asked.

"No."

"Oh."

He stood up.

"I wanted to apologise for telling Toge and Panda about Tsumiki," You admitted.

He approached you. "Is that really all you told them? That I have a sister?"

"I didn't even say her name."

"Well, I'm sorry for not telling them sooner. It's not that I don't trust them..."

"...You just don't want them to worry," You finished for him.

"Yeah."

He was staring at you.

"I have some news about Tsumiki," He began, but you put a finger to his lips.

"Tell me after the mission, ok?"

"Ok."

You could've sworn you saw his gaze flicker to your lips for a brief second, so quick you could have imagined it. Before you could even think about it, the door opened.