14 - Training

The week went by painfully slowly. You couldn't do much, since you were still recovering. Your arm had almost got ripped off, after all. Luckily Ieiri was capable of using reversed cursed techniques; if she couldn't, this would have taken much longer to heal. Megumi helped to pass the time by inviting you to his dorm to continue watching the anime.

Once the week was over, you leapt into training with enthusiasm. First, you went to Gojo to ask for help with your destructive technique. To avoid destroying anything too important, you both went into the forest. You created the luminescent white sheet of mist on the ground and brought out your katana to strike down, but Gojo stopped you.

"Is that the only weapon you can use for that?" He asked.

"It's the only one I've ever really used. I haven't been able to develop this technique at all since it's so destructive."

"Is it something you inherited?"

"Yeah, but my mother wasn't a sorcerer, so she didn't know how to use it, either."

He took something out of his pocket and handed it to you.

"Chopsticks?" You questioned, breaking the pair apart.

"Try using them. They'll be more precise."

"But they don't have any cursed energy, do they?"

"The technique doesn't come from your cursed weapon," Gojo reminded you, "The technique belongs to you."

"Makes sense," You said, staring at the luminescent map before you.

"Try stabbing a nearby tree."

You concentrated cursed energy into your hand, flowing through the chopstick. You jabbed the chopstick into a tree-like shape in the mist.

After a few seconds, the earth began to shake. Then, a hole in the earth's crust opened up next to you and the tree fell inside.

"Interesting. So it isn't really an earthquake technique, is it?" Gojo observed, "It's more like a hole in the ground. I think the sword was causing more destruction because it had cursed energy in it."

"Yeah."

"But... this technique is a lot more powerful than you think."

"How?"

"So this glowing surface that you make is a map of the things around you?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"You can make a lot more than holes in the ground with this technique, L/n-san. All your attacks on this map are essentially scaled up to match the real world. For example, when you put a sword into it, the hole in the ground is going to be bigger. When you put the chopstick in the ground, the damage done will be smaller and more precise. Does that make sense?"

"So all my attacks to the map are amplified?"

"Yep. For example, if every centimetre on this map is equal to a metre in real life, then your attack will be a hundred times bigger and stronger!"

"Wow, that's so powerful!"

"I know, right!? You could be a special grade sorcerer in no time!"

"Really!?"

"Yeah! Now your homework is to think of a hundred different ways to attack the map!"

"A hundred!?" You repeated without enthusiasm.

"Have a list ready for me by tomorrow, then we can experiment!"

"Great..."

"See you later!"