Chapter 9

Quiet

Quiet

   RHYIA CAME TO ROMAN with a tiny little girl holding her hand and clenching a tiny little rabbit. Her face was soaked in tears and she hugged Roman tightly when she came in reach of him.

   "Papa!"  

   "What's wrong, Kar? Tell me" He spoke to the little girl in a soft tone that I've never heard in my days around him again. But I couldn't stop staring at the little girl, she looked so much like him. Her name was Kar...could it be short for Karah? 

   Plus she called Roman papa. She whispered, "I had a dream about mama again"

   He sighed as she held in her tears, I looked to his side and anger filled my body, Rhyia. She was able to take advantage of me the last time I was here, I was young and weak. 

   Now I'm stronger and older, she looked towards me when she saw my fierce glare she took a step back. I'm fucking amazing.

   "I'm Rhyia" She held out a hand for me to shake, I just looked at it with pure disgust. She was such a bitch the last time I saw her, now she wanted to be buddies? 

   I had to give her some credit though, maybe she didn't recognize me, like all the people in this place. I was going through an intense surge of emotions. 

   Roman looked at the both of us closely as the little girl was fast asleep on his shoulder, "Take her back to her room" 

   Rhyia stopped her staring spell and carefully took the tiny girl out of his arms and away, "What is your problem?" 

   I looked at Roman who looked confused, "What do you mean?"

   "Why were you looking at my sister like that?" He took a step closer but I stayed still, we were so close it would look like we were kissing from the wrong angle.   

   "Like what?" I was playing dumb because a part of me liked teasing him, but I know I was in for a very petty cost. 

   He just scoffed, "Don't play stupid, are you trying to create problems?" 

   Ouch, I was severely hurt by his assumption. Not. 

   "Ofcourse not, why would I create problems? I have enough of them" I smirked right in his face as his eyes narrowed, I was debating telling him who I was just to see his face. But I held back, I couldn't deal with him right now. 

   But the fear was also there, what would be of me if he did find out? Where would we go from here? It's not like we would have the same spark as before, it'd be useless.

   "I've met your sister before, our encounters haven't been...civil" He nodded believing the half-truth. He grabbed my wrist and we paraded through the white marble halls.