16 - Denial

"Y/n! What the hell are you doing here!?"

You woke up suddenly. Megumi was sitting up, staring down at you. He seemed to remember what happened and relaxed a bit.

"Sorry, I forgot I let you sleep here," He said, looking away. His cheeks and ears were pink.

"It's fine," You replied, sitting up and rubbing your eyes. You got up and looked out of a small plane window. Below was a carpet of blue, waves shimmering in the sun.

"We must be flying over Mutsu Bay, now," You told him, "So we're almost there."

"Great. I didn't want Gojo-sensei and the others to come in when it was time to get off the plane."

You nodded in reply. Megumi lay down again on his back, arms resting behind his head.

"God, I can't believe Gojo, making you list a hundred attacks then saying he didn't mean it," He said.

"Yeah," You agreed, walking back over to the bed and sitting next to him. "But at least I've got some new attacks to use."

"But still, he's an idiot."

"A helpful idiot," You corrected him, "He's helped us more than he's been annoying."

"Yeah."

You spaced out, looking at the plane windows. Then you noticed something.

"Those windows weren't open before, were they?"

"No..."

Suddenly, the door opened and Gojo waltzed in. "Hey, great to see you two awake! Now I can show you the cute photo of you two asleep together!"

He must have opened the windows for better lighting.

"Delete it," Megumi demanded, sounding ready to kill him right there.

Gojo held out his phone, proudly showing you both the photo. You cringed when you saw what you looked like asleep. Flustered, Megumi jumped out of bed and tried to reach the phone. Gojo laughed when he couldn't grab the phone due to his infinity technique.

"Please don't show the second-years," You begged.

"Too late!" Gojo replied cheerily. Maki walked in with a smirk.

"Get out, Zenin-senpai!" Megumi told her.

"Calm down, Megumi."

"What do you want!?"

"I was just gonna ask your significant other if they'd like something to eat," She said in a teasing manner.

"Uh... sure," You replied.

"You weren't meant to reply to that, Y/n. Zenin-senpai, Y/n's not my significant other!"

"Don't leave them heartbroken like that. Come on, Y/n, let's go, he's a douchebag anyway."

"Maki, he's not my boyfriend–"

As soon as Maki shut the door, she answered you, "Well he makes it pretty damn obvious he likes you!"

"Salmon," Toge agreed, still playing Minecraft with Panda.

"What!?"

"Are you really that blind, Y/n?" Panda asked.

"I– I am not! He's just being friendly!"

"Yeah, sure," Maki said sarcastically, "So what's with staying up all night to do homework for you about?"

"He did it because I said I was too tired to finish it!"

"And what about the whole sleeping together scenario just now?" Panda asked.