Blackout

by AimeeLew

Status: Completed

Status: Completed

Summary written by the author:

Untameable Vivian Sok works hard and plays even harder, but her carefree senior year is ruined when the infuriating yet irresistible varsity linebacker moves into her dorm.

⋆☆⋆

Controlled chaos. Vivian Sok lives by it.

With emotional walls that rival Everest, Vivian strives for organised mess in all areas of her life. She sets careful rules to have both fun and her future: getting into Med school comes first. Vodka comes a close second. Screw the patriarchy at every opportunity.

And never, ever, fall in love again.

When college linebacker Jamie Tanner moves into a new hall of residence, he does not expect to meet wildfire personified. Fiery, powerful, and a little destructive, Viv becomes a temptingly bad idea he cannot shake.

Except, the thing about chaos?

It can't be controlled.

My Review

See the Wattpad exclusive logo? Yeah, that wasn't there when I read it. I think that I screwed you guys over for not sharing this as soon as I finished reading it. Therefore, I think, I'm obligated to say sorry. (But I guess some yall are rich or broke-but-not-yet-broke to afford to pay for this). 

On a positive note, this book being a Wattpad exclusive says a lot about it. Unfortunately, I've read this too long ago and I made the mistake of not taking notes so I can't give you an intricate review. However, I can say that Blackout was still memorable, especially our ever dynamic-but-decisive FL– Vivian. 

Overall impression

Blackout is a light, fun read not only because of its fast-paced plot, but also because the author, Aimee, and her flow of writing make it so. 

I've read the author's other works and it did not disappoint, try to read them too to see if they fit your taste. 

Rating: 9.__

It's 2022 and I still half-ass these reviews lmao I try to not make it too wordy for you all though because I know how that gets boring (or do you want detailed reviews too?) let me know. 

Caution: Incoming book recs ahead.