No Man's Land

by ImpossibleKate

Status: Completed

Summary written by the author:

[book one complete]

Normally, a flaming plane crash is a worst case scenario, right? But what if you were to add in, say, 17 government agents with 3 different employers?

30 passengers.

7 FBI.

4 CIA.

6 MI6.

All hell is destined to break loose when everybody is outside of their jurisdiction and nobody plays by the rules. Not to mention throwing in a dangerous girl who none of them can figure out.

REVIEW

Plot- or character-driven?

Albeit mix of the two

Strong character development?

Nope, and it was intended that way. I can say, though, that the MC is a round character.

Lovable characters?

Sure

Diverse cast of characters?

A bit

Flaws of character a main focus? No.

Pace: Medium to fast

POV: 1st POV (Switching between the MC and the two other leads)

Overall thought:

Wew, I'm on a roll guys. Not a day has passed yet I'm here bringing new to the table, again.

         Anyway, onto the No Man's Land. First chapter, I was already hooked. I've already planned something to read before picking this up. I was just about to check if it was worth adding to my library so I read the prologue then the next thing I knew, I've already read half of it :') 

         Based on the summary, you already know that this is (kind of )an espionage story. There are tons of spy novels here in this orange app so a good question would be "what makes this different?" 

         Well, for starters, 17 agents were coincidentally on one plane that (might I add) is about to crash. Throw in a little mystery about what caused things to happen, who made it happen, and a high caliber agent with a mysterious past. Another thing I want to note, which distinct itself from most espionage/agent stories, is the air of professionalism the characters give off (as they should, mind you, they should be trained professionals) and THE ✨details✨.

         For those who are wondering if this has romance– for book 1– unfortunately for those who want romance, it doesn't. The plot will keep you going anyway, so maybe sacrifice a little I guess, or don't read at all if you don't want to. I won't force you :) 

         'Encountered some problems along the way but it was justified by the author who's hyper-aware of the plot holes as the book was written when he/she/they was younger. Plus, this is only book 1. (SPEAKING OF WHICH, IM HOPING FOR BOOK 2 TO BE ALREADY RELEASED, AUTHOR. ily do take your time.) 

Do read this, this is an underrated book, indeed. 

RATING 8.3