An Impossible Deception

by: Spiszy

Status: Completed

Summary written by the author:

FOR FANS OF BRIDGERTON. To save her family's reputation, Isabella must impersonate her twin sister to deceive her sister's husband in a scheme that depends on her not falling for him. ***** Identical twins Isabella and Arabella Garvey have nothing in common except their looks: where Arabella is a confident socialite, Isabella hides from society, ruined by scandal. But when Arabella runs away with a secret lover to escape her loveless marriage, Isabella must impersonate her sister in order to save her family's reputation. The only problem? In order to outfox Arabella's cruel and clever husband, Isabella must start living with him, and it doesn't take long for her to discover a passionate and respectful man under his icy exterior. But is she willing to destroy her sister's reputation in order to be with the man she loves?

REVIEW

Plot- or character-driven?

Both, but leans in more with the character.

Strong character development?

Apparent for the main lead.

Lovable characters?

Flawed but I loved them.

Diverse cast of characters?

Little to not all.

Flaws of character a main focus? Yes.

Pace: Perfectly balanced

POV: 3rd POV

Overall thought:
I know, I know- it's a PAID story. But if you ask me, is it worth the money? Yes. I'm not gonna keep it long, for all of you who loves Storm and Silence, or just loves to read period stories in general- this is for you.

The plot wasn't unique but what kept me going was the writing and the characters. I personally love how the author differentiates a kind person from a pushover, people-pleaser; that kind people are also prone to making bad decisions and actions, and that does not necessarily mean they are bad as a whole. Anyway, wow, I'm kind of sounding boring. I just want to share that detailed bits.

Anyways, this read made me smile and laugh so much from the witty, sarcastic banters between the leads, and made me angry and irritated with the female lead's family (you'll know if you read). It was a rollercoaster. Oh I just know you'll love Anthony- I'd marry him if I could, no lie. I'd even read the book for him and only him lmao.

RATING: 8.25