Gaming Session

7:20 am, Lungmen, Sunset Boulevard, "The Ends of the Earth" lounge

How is this Lupo good at video games?

I handed her over a controller and kneeled down to face the console. It's vertically placed on top of a wooden brown table, the white sheets embracing the dark in the middle forming a distinct futuristic V shape. The small but obvious delicate blue backlight moulds them all together.

No doubt, PS5.

Where do they even get the money from this? Sora's idol performances? Emperor's rap album that plays in the bar every single time I try to get a good night's sleep? Or is it just from all the deliveries they complete within months? It's always out of stock so HOW did they even get this?

"Are you going to play or admire a sandwich from outer space?"

"Uhm." I coughed in slight embarrassment.

I started up the expensive console and laid back on the couch.

"What game?"

She flicked the stick to the right multiple times with the screen bouncing right and right. Eventually, the transparent-ish white square landed on what seemed like a fighting game.

"You play this with others?"

"Mostly Exusiai."

"Ah...."

The game loaded.

We're met with a "Select your character" screen. Its UI is quite simple. 12 icons resembling a human but shaded in white occupied the top of the screen, just sitting on top of a transparent red beam being shot across. I flicked the stick of my controller to scan through all the available characters. While Texas already had her choice, I needed some time.

I landed on a character with the simple name "Gunslinger". My eyes browsed through the description.

"Gunslinger is a pistol welding sharpshooter who is an expert in everything firearm related. They pack a serious punch with ranged attacks but lacks in HP."

A/N: I based off the character selection from a fighting game called "Untitled Combat Demo", it's in Roblox

A/N: I based off the character selection from a fighting game called "Untitled Combat Demo", it's in Roblox. Although not the best UI, it's either this or a black screen with character names.

So basically a glass cannon. I'll take it.

"Same pick huh." She looked at me.

"Wha?"