Car Conversations

7:20 am, Lungmen, Sunset Boulevard streets

To the mall! Or so we thought.

I exited the bar to follow Exusiai and Texas to the car.

"Do you guys do these things often?"

"One or two times a month. It's normally Croissant who pitches the idea of going shopping." Texas responded while opening the car doors. "And it's always after she gets her salary." She sat in the driver seat with Exusiai next to her as I sat comfortably at the back in this black box.

The angel threw the car keys towards the wolf despite being in arms range. Texas certainly got used to this and caught it without even looking.

"Last time she bought a coat in the middle of summer," Exusiai noted. "and she never used it!"

"What?"

"It's hard to believe. You'll get used to it."

Texas started up the car and we drove off into the roads. Think I'll get my chance to understand this messy crew.

 Think I'll get my chance to understand this messy crew

Beep beep.

I turned my head to face the window in order to take a better look.

Oh wait, I'm just staring into space.

I lowered the rear door glass and peeked my head out. All in front of me was rainbows. Different types of cars in different colours mixed together to form a river of carbon dioxide. I squinted my eyes to see further with all the loud "beeps" ringing in my ear. On the horizon was a flipped truck spilling some substances off the roads and two wrecked race cars.

Texas taking note of me scanning the area asked, "So?"

"Car crash, some substances being poured all over the place as well."

Both of them sighed in annoyance.

"This is the 5th time it's happened this month."

"5th!?" I exclaimed while returning my head back to safety.

"First time in Lungmen?" Exusiai spoke.

"Thank you very much, Sherlock."

"I know, back in Laterano things like these happen rarely. First time I came here I also had the same reaction as you. Don't worry, you'll get used to it soon enough."

"How long have you been in Lungmen."

"Around 2 years."

"How long did it take you to get used to this?"

"Couple days."

This reminded me of my identity as a Sankta. Laterano people can cope with whatever their location and situation in just a short period of time.