Eight- Almost

Peter and Versaillen let go of each other as their faces migrated towards each other. Peter grabs hold of Versaillen's face as he parted his lips. Versaillen got on her tippy-toes and tilted her head to the side.

"Guys, dinners ready!!" Her mother shouted up. Peter and Versaillen quickly let go of each other, and Versaillen adjusted herself and turned away from Peter.

She ran her fingers through her hair as Peter stared at her. "Yeah, we'll be down there in a second!" Versaillen glanced at Peter and just walked out of her room, expecting Peter to follow.

"You look flushed, darling," Her mother rushed to put her hands upon her cheeks. "Drink some water."

"I'm fine. Peter needs to eat quickly because he has something in an hour. Right, Peter?" She turned around, and Peter wasn't there. "Oh, I thought he was right behind me."

"Oh, well, we'll just start without him. I'm sure he'll be down in a second."

Her father walked into the dining room. "Hello, Versaillen."

"Hi, father." Her face turned white. She wanted to disappear.

He rubbed her shoulder as she tried to squirm out of his grasp. "I heard Peter's here. Can't wait to see the young man he's become."

Versaillen rolled her eyes. He cares more about a boy he's seen a handful of times than his actual daughter.

They sat in uncomfortable silence as the seat across from Versaillen was empty. "I thought you said dinner was ready."

"It's just about done."

"Hi," Peter said in a rush. "Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Hickman, I was just on the phone with my aunt. She was just making sure I was okay."

"Oh, you tell May to get over here soon! I haven't seen her in ages!"

"Okay," He smiled and nodded as he sat down.

Versaillen looked everywhere but Peter. Peter held his gaze on her, but she refused to speak or look at him.

The food finally came out, and Versaillen's mother made small talk with Peter. "Versaillen, stop counting your food and just eat it."

Peter furrowed his eyebrows as he watched what she was doing.

"So, are you still friends with Ned, Peter?"

"Yes, we are," He pursed his lips.

"Are there any girls you have an eye on?"

Versaillen's eyes bulged out of her head as she stopped counting.

"Uh, there's one girl that I really like." He stared at Versaillen while Versaillen looked back at him. What?

"Oh, my, what's her name?"

Peter and Versaillen froze.  Versaillen's leg stopped bouncing, and Peter stopped fiddling with the button on his shirt. "He doesn't have to say, mom."

"It better not be Versaillen!" Her mother laughed. "That girl has too many issues then you can handle."

"Elizabeth," Her father said sternly. "Enough,"

Versaillen bit down on her lip as she continued to bounce her leg. Peter placed his hand on her knee and looked at her. Asking what was wrong with his facial expression.

She simply shook her head and stared at her uneaten plate. Peter had barely touched his plate. "May we be excused?"

"You two have barely eaten anything. Are you sure you're full?"

They both nodded and headed back to Versaillen's Room without saying anything.