Twelve- Spider-Man

The rest of the trip was silent for Versaillen and Peter. Liz quizzed all of them, but Versaillen didn't make an attempt to talk with Peter.

Peter always regretted the stupid arguments they used to get into. He also regretted letting her slip through his fingers.

"Versaillen, why don't you answer a question?"

Versaillen's head popped up. "Why?"

"This is a team thing and you haven't answered one question."

"Just because I haven't answered a question doesn't mean I don't know the answers, right, Mr. Harrington?"

"Yeah, she's right, Liz. You can't force her to participate. But if it affects how you do at the actual thing there will be consequences."

She nods and looks at Liz, and then the flashcards sitting in her hands.

"Why doesn't Peter come sit by me then? Wouldn't want Versaillen distracting him." Liz folds her arms.

Peter's eyes glance up. "Uh, nope, I'm good where I am."

Versaillen's POV

I am so tired of her trying to take Peter. He's my Peter. He's mine.

"Hey," Peter grabs my hand, noticing my discomfort. "I'm yours, alright?" It's like he can read my mind. "Don't let her bother you."

I would feel reassured by that if he hadn't told me minutes ago that he has something to tell me. Should I be worried? No, he's been your best friend since you were 13. Why would he lie to me?

I must have drifted off to sleep because I woke up to Peter stroking my hair gently. "C'mon, Saillen. We're here." He stared at me and purses his lips before standing up straight and walking past me.

"Peter," His head shoots back to me. "What did you need to tell me?"

He sighs as he picks up all my bags. "I'll tell you once we get inside and alone."

"Can't you tell me now? No one is around us," I grab ahold of his forearm.

Peter only stares at me. "No," He shakes his head. "I'll tell you when we get inside, you can come to my room, and I'll kick Ned out."

"Okay," I lean into him as he leans his head down to press his lips against mine.

We got off the bus and waited for Mr. Harrington to give us the keys to our room.

"Were practicing at 7 tonight. Join us." Liz tells us. I doubt any of us are even going to show up.

MJ goes to hand me the keys, but I stop her. "I'm going to go to Peter's room for a sec. I'll send Ned in with you if you get scared."

"Like hell he's going to save me," She rolls her eyes. "I'm going to take a shower. Tell me when you and Peter start dating."

"Yeah, right." I awkwardly laugh. "Anyway, got to go."

I knock on Peter's door and Ned answers. "Oh, hey, Saillen, I was just, um, looking at porn on my laptop."

"Oh, I was just going to talk with Peter."

Peter popped out of the door. "Yeah, Ned, can you leave us alone for like 20 minutes. Possibly 30."

"Why? Are you going to tell her that you like her?" He whisper-yelled.

Peter pushes Ned out of the room. "No, uh, Ned go entertain MJ for a while,"

"But, I thought-"

"Nope, I'll see you later, Ned." He shut the door so abruptly, I jumped as he turned to me. "Versaillen,"

I was beginning to grow concerned at his use of my full name.

3rd Person POV

Versaillen quietly stepped forward. "Peter, you can tell me anything."

"I know, which is why this makes it so difficult to tell you. Listen, only Ned knows about this. And Tony Stark, but, I-"

"You're Spider-man..?"

"I'm-" Peter furrows his eyebrows. "How did you-"

"Well, it was kind of obvious. You have an "internship with Tony Stark", which was a dead give-away, Peter. And you leave all the time and don't show up for hours. It didn't take me too long to figure it out. I thought you were going to tell me that you had a child in Montana or something. Freaked me out for nothing. Besides, I saw it in your closet a couple months ago. I was pissed for a while but I got over it."

"What? How did you gather that- and I am not a dad, I have no children." Peter sat on his bed and placed his head in his hands. "I was scared that you were going to think I was a freak."

Versaillen went over and placed her hands in his hair as Peter wrapped his arms around her torso. "I could never be scared of you. You're the one person who makes me feel happy, I love you."

"I love you too," He stood up, towering over Versaillen. "I'm just happy that you're cool with it."

She kissed his cheek as Peter grabbed her jaw and kissed her. Again and again.

__________

"Where's Peter?" Versaillen asked as they were getting on the bus.

Ned looked around to make sure no one was listening. "He left late last night and never came back."

"Wait what? He'll be fine, but will he make it to the decathlon in time?"

"I don't know. He doesn't have any cell service. I tried calling him-" Ned cut himself as he looked at something past Versaillen.

Versaillen stared at him. "What?" She turned around. "Is there someth-"

"Hey, guys!" Cameron came up behind them. "I was in town and Mr. Harrington said I could fill in because Parker isn't here."

"Cameron, you need to-"

He interrupted her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I told you to call me Cam."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She shrugged his hand off of her. "Get off me."

"Where's Peter!?" Liz freaked. "We need him up there because he's like the smartest guy I know."

"Calm down, Liz, he'll be here." Versaillen rolled her eyes.

Liz slowly turns her head to her. "Just because you're his best friend doesn't mean that you know his every waking move. He's not going to be here. He's never here."

"I thought they were dating?"

"What...?"

________

"Do you like him?" Peter followed Versaillen in the halls.

"No, how many times are we going to go over this. You sound like a broken record." She shook her head as she clutched the books to her chest.

Peter took the books out of her reach. "I sound like a broken record? How many times have you asked me about Liz?"

"That's different."

"How is that different?" He raised his hand.

"Because you actually used to like Liz." Peter went silent. "Give me my books. I've got to get to class."

"Saillen, c'mon, we can-" It was no use. His words were going in one ear and out the other as he watched her walk away.

A/N: sorry for not posting lately- I'm gonna try to post every Wednesday and Saturday:)