Chapter 5: The Missionary

I awake to find myself on a cold bench outside in the foggy world. Nearly every part of my body hurts like hell. Some parts of my body had a few cuts and bruises.

I recall the event that happened earlier, remembering what Pyramid Head had done. 

Why did she help me? Did she bring me here?

As I slowly sat up, I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I check for the cause and realize that it was the cop's keys to his cruiser. I nearly forgot I had it.

???: Well, hello there, son. Seems you had a helluva day.

I look up to see a postman carrying a bag full of mail?

Y/n: W-Who are you? 

Postman: Name's Howard. Howard Blackwood. I'm just a friendly postman trying to do his job.

Y/n: Job..? Do you not realize what's happening?!

Howard: (Dismissive) Can't say I understand what you mean. This is a busy town, and it's just another ordinary day. Anyways, you've got a letter.

He hands an envelope to me and I accept it. There wasn't a name on it. I opened the envelope and read the letter telling me to come to the "Grand Hotel".

Y/n: Who sent me this? There's barely anyone in this town..

Howard: Sorry, but I honestly have no clue.

I sigh. I'm never gonna get any answers at this rate. 

Y/n: Whatever. Can you at least tell me where the Balkan Church is exactly?

Howard: See for yourself. There's a map right behind you.

Howard points behind me.

I turned around, getting up from the bench and noticed an information board and a complete map of the town behind me with some pieces of it missing.

Y/n: Thanks, but--

I noticed Howard was gone and I didn't see any trace of him.

Looking back at the map, apparently, there were at least four secions of Silent Hill.