Rule 12

Sammi's POV---
The elevator doors closed and Tony hit a switch that made the lights turn off and the elevator stop. "Do you all do that?" I asked jokingly remembering my Uncle Jethro pulling the same thing. "I don't get you" Tony said sounding genuinely mad, "you totally hit on me all day yesterday and then you avoid me all day today but now all of a sudden you volunteer to go with me?" He was definitely pissed and I had to think fast, lucky for me that's what I was good at. "Well gee, so much for thank you-" Tony cut me off saying "this isn't funny! I can't stop thinking about you and all you've done is ignore me. Why should I even bother myself with you anymore?" Tony stopped for a split second and I did the only thing I could think to do, I kissed him. He didn't pull away so I assumed I chose correctly and then I placed my hands around his neck. Tony's hands fell to my hips as our lips tugged against each other's until I pulled away and said "because you can't tell me that you don't feel something in that." He held my gaze for a while and then let go of my hips and turned his body back to the doors of the elevator turning it back on. "Rule number 12" he said. "What?" I replied confused. "Gibbs' ruled number 12, never date a co-worker." "Well," I said, "its a good thing we're not dating or co-workers."

Tony's POV----
She had a point. Plus, I always break that damn rule anyways. I stared at the elevator doors in silence not wanting to give away my enjoyment of the kiss and as we approached the car Sammi said "I'm not really a fan of first dates, do you think we can just skip that one and call dinner tonight our second date?" I opened the car door for her as she got in and said "I'm a fan of being difficult and I think I'm gonna make you enjoy our first date at dinner tonight." Sammi smiled then as I got in the car and we drove to the Petty Officer's home. The car ride was a bit awkward at first but then a song, apparently one of Sammi's favorites, came on the radio and all silence was broken. She started singing and goofing around and I couldn't help but joke and after that I think we both let lose a little. The rest of the day all I could think about was dinner tonight and how I had to do something amazing if I was gonna convince this girl to like first dates AND to agree to a second. I planned silently and made dinner reservations and a few other preparations before the break in the case was made. My head was all over the place which must have been apparent because Gibbs was on my case. Speaking of the case, Abby had some very incriminating evidence that allowed us to close in and then I told Sammi I would pick her up in an hour and she should be ready. "Absolutely" she said with a smile and then said that I should just pick her up from Abby's. Apparently Abs was really excited and wanted to help her get ready...Women.

Abby's POV---
"I'm so excited!" I squealed as Sammi came out of the bathroom wearing a short black dress that I knew was gonna drive Tony crazy! "Well" she asked expectantly as I examined every inch of her that I could. "H-O-T, hot" I said as she smiled and gave a little twirl. "Really Abs?" "Oh my god, of course!" I said as we laughed a bit and goofed around before Tony came. "Thanks for letting me stay here Abby" Sammi said as we calmed down. "No problem" I replied and then said, "I feel like I've known you forever so it is my pleasure!" We laughed again because of my partial rhyme and then There was a knock at the door. We both stopped laughing and stared at each other for a moment before smiling. I opened the door to see Tony, Anthony DiNozzo, dressed up with his hair done and flowers in his hand. "Oh, hey Abs" he said with a smile. Tony may have been putting on his usual cocky ego but he couldn't fool me because in all the time I'd known him he has never looked that nice for a date, let alone the first one. "Hey Tony," I said with a smile and then added, "let me go get Sammi, you can step in if you want." He did so and stood near the door as I went to retrieve his date. Sammi was checking herself in the mirror before she noticed me and asked how she looked. i reassured her that she looked beautiful and then led her to Tony. When the two of them saw each other you could tell something was between them because holy caf-pow was it intense. "Hey you" Sammi said trying to play it cool just like DiNozzo was. "Flowers" he said calmly as he handed them to her. Sammi smiled and I said "I'll take those and put them in a vase. You two go have fun, but not too much fun understand?" It was in a mock parenting voice but they both seemed to take it a bit seriously before Sammi said "what time will you be up until?" "oh don't worry about it," I said, "just take the key." I handed her the key as she smiled again and said "thanks Abs" one more time before disappearing with Tony.