Abby Knows All

Sammi's POV---
"What do you mean you haven't told him?!?" Abby whisper-yelled a bit too loudly. "I just haven't had the chance yet! Its not something you just blurt out yknow!" I replied back. "Fair enough" Abs said as she ran some DNA from the scene. "Your next date, that's when you should tell him" she said. "Its a perfect opportunity, you'll be alone and that's when you talk yknow?" I began pacing and Abby immediately questioned me. "I, uh, I sorta told him I was busy...." Abby looked me dead in the eye with a cold stare and said "this case closes and you tell him you wanna go out tonight." I laughed mockingly, "if this case closes tonight I will go up there right now and-" just as I was finishing my sentence the computer beeped with a DNA match and Abby smirked. "You'll go up there and do what?" As if on cue Gibbs walked in and asked Abby what she had. As she explained the DNA, I began my journey upstairs to tell DiNozzo that I wanted that second date but god I wanted so much more. I walked over to him and no one was around so I playfully sat on his desk and tapped my foot against his knee. He looked up at me with a shotty smile and said "can I help you?" I could tell this would take some repair so I smiled gently and went to work. "Hey" I began as I leaned in and looked him in the eye, "sorry I was kinda rough before, this whole thing just scares me a little yknow? The truth is, I've got some baggage too and I like you a lot so I've kinda been hiding it, but Abby just got a break in the case and if you'll let me take you to dinner I promise to make up for all the BS I've been putting you through." Tony looked at his case file, then at me and said "this better be one hell of a dinner." I smiled down at him and just as I was about to say 'it will be' I saw the elevator doors open out of the corner of my eye and jumped up off of Tony's desk. "DiNozzo, McGee, go pick up the lieutenant and....Where's McGee?" Gibbs glanced around the room and when he noticed it was only me and Tony he gave me somewhat of a disapproving glance. Just as I was about to open my mouth to speak McGee walked into the bull-pen with Biship and both seemed to be sharing an interesting expression. "Boss, Abby found more DNA than we expected. After you left the computers found another match and Abby thinks it could be a team." Gibbs sighed and said "DiNozzo and McGee can pick up the lieutenant and Biship and I can pick up the wife. Sammi go down to the lab and see if Abby needs anything else." "Boss," I said before they left. Uncle Jethro looked surprised that I had said boss, but he adjusted and went with it. "Spit it out Ford" he said surprising me back. "I, uh....Well, how did you know the second DNA hit was the wife?" Uncle Jethro just smirked and DiNozzo said "it's the infamous gut." After they all left I went down to the lab to help Abby like I was instructed to do, but we ended up talking more about me, Uncle Jethro, and Tony more than anything else...case included. What was there to talk about anyways, the case was closed so I don't know why I couldn't just go with them to pick up the suspects. "Maybe its because Gibbs saw you and Tony" Abby suggested which was possible. "Speaking of Gibbs, what was he like when you were younger?" Abby was so curious that it was almost like watching a kid talk about Santa so, of course, I laughed a little and began to tell her what Uncle Jethro was like when I was younger....

"Well he was in the Marines so I didn't see much of him to be honest, but I got into a lot of trouble at home and so my mom liked to ship me off to be with him in the summertime which was usually when he was home. She thought that being around 'my uncle the Marine' would straighten me up, but really I just acted out at home so I could see him." Abby laughed a little and said "that's so cute! So what happened?" I took a deep breath and said "lives were cut short and Uncle Jethro and I are a bit to similar sometimes...Instead of keeping eachother afloat while we were both sinking we handled things in a reclusive way. He started drinking a little, but then buried himself in work I guess and I ran away...I don't know, I guess he found somewhere new to commit himself and I ran away from commitment because I never liked that stuff anyways." Abby smiled then and gave me a big hug saying "well whatever made you decide to come home was right and I'm glad you're here." I hugged her back and almost began to cry because for the first time since I was 18 I felt like I had a home and a family.

Tony's POV---

The case closed fairly quietly and with little disruption. Once we pitted the boy-toy and the wife against each other it only took seconds to close the case with a confession and sworn statement from both. I was just glad it was over, but now I had to concern myself with Sammi. I figured she would be in the lab with Abby so I went down and found her. The two were talking about something but all I could make out was something about someone's uncle. I cleared my throat to let them know I was there and both spun around in an instant. "Tony," Sammi said in a panic, "how long have you been standing there?" "Uh, just like two seconds" I said, "I just came down to tell you guys the case is closed and to ask what time you wanted me to pick you up tonight?" Sammi seemed relieved and said "well it's 6 now and actually, would you wanna just leave together right now?" I hadn't thought of that and, admittedly, I wanted some time to clean up, but hey, the DiNozzo charm doesn't sleep. "Sure" I said as Sammi and Abby grabbed their stuff and Abs said "do you want the key?" Sammi looked over at me and then at her and said "no, I think I'll be ok." The three of us walked out the doors together, but not without Sammi stopping to say something to Gibbs. He seemed slightly pissed by whatever she has said, but she didn't mention it so I figured it was fine. When we got to the car Sammi and Abs said their goodbyes and I heard Abby mumble something along the lines of "be honest" as they hugged. I didn't ask cuz I figured she would tell me if she wanted me to know. After that Sammi got in the car and we headed off to dinner and our second date...