First Dates & Confessions

Tony's POV---
I couldn't figure this girl out for the life of me so I decided I was just gonna have to depend on the DiNozzo charm to pull me through. I opened the car door for her and she seemed surprised which meant it was good. Point one, DiNozzo. If there's one good thing about being an investigator for a living its that you learn to read people well and by people, I mean women. I got in the car fairly confident and said "I thought dinner might be nice." Sammi smiled and said "I happen I agree with that." Clearly she was unimpressed with the thought but she had no idea what I meant by dinner. I brought the car to a stop across the street from a park and she looked really confused. Point two, DiNozzo. We got out and she said "I thought" but I cut her off saying "you didn't think I was gonna disappoint on our first date now, did you?" Sammi placed her hands on her hips then and said "alright Mr. Very Special Agent, you've got my attention." I smirked the famous DiNozzo smirk with a little wink and said "well that's all I wanted all along." I grabbed some stuff from the trunk of the car and led Sammi to a big tree. I set down a blanket and then took out some food, "hope you like Italian" I said to which she replied by saying "us Italians do tend to like our food yknow." Point three. We sat under the tree and talked and ate and laughed and I couldn't help but think about how beautiful she was. I thought about getting her in bed for a split second but the thought didn't seem as important as it had in the past with other women. At the end of the night we got back in the car and I drove her back yo Abby's. When we got there Sammi looked at me and said "so maybe first dates aren't so bad when they're with the right person." I smiled but then instantly spoke. "You've probably heard a lot of shit about me from the others." I was gonna continue but then she did that thing that she had a habit of doing and planted her lips on mine. This time it wasn't hard or secret or risky or any of those things. This time it was soft, it was genuine, it was real. When she softly pulled away she said "opinions don't mean much to me." She got out of the car but I followed and as I did I said "I just think you should know what you're getting into." This sparked her interest and she turned and said "you're stubborn." I chuckled and said "yeah, you could say that." After a few seconds of silence I said "I'm also immature and somewhat of a flirt. I have a tendency to be drawn to women and I've been told by several that I have a commitment problem. I work more than I should, I talk about movies more than anything else in my life, and I guess you could say I have a big ego but that's the DiNozzo way." I smirked and then Sammi said "Tony, why are you telling me all this?" I grabbed her hand and said "because I really like you. I want something out of this, not just a fling. I wanna get to know you better and, more importantly, I feel different about you and I just thought you should know what you're gonna be drowning in. I'm a chore."

Sammis POV---
"I'm a chore" he said, "but I'd like to take you out again." I should have said no right then and there but something about him was so drawing. It was like gravity was pulling me toward him as I kissed him again and then said "anytime DiNozzo." Then I went upstairs to Abby's apartment, let myself in, and began to cry. Here was this fantastic guy, putting himself out there for me and I couldn't even tell him who I really was. I couldn't be honest with him when he was honest with me. I fucked up again and the worst part was that my Uncle Jethro knew it would be me. "Sammi?" Abby said as she turned on the light and saw me crying on the floor. "Oh my god what did he do? I'll kill him!" She said but I quickly stood up and began stammering about how it wasn't Tony, it was me. When Abby finally calmed me down I told her what happened and what Tony said and then she asked "well what's the problem?" She wiped my tears and said "sounds to me like you both really care about each other, so why are you crying?" I took a deep, jagged breath and said "because Abs, I'm a reckless case. I'm self destructive and more importantly, he was honest and I continued to lie." Abby looked really confused then and I decided that she was a genuine friend and the only person who could get me through this. "Abby, I'm going to tell you something now that you can't tell anyone ok?" She nodded and said "of course." After a moments hesitation I came clean, "Leroy Jethro Gibbs is my uncle."

Abbys POV---
My jaw dropped. "Gibbs is your uncle!?!?" Suddenly it all made sense. Sammi was avoiding getting close to Tony because she was lying to him and she was scared that he would leave her if he found out. I wanted to tell her Tony wouldn't do that but I couldn't be sure of anything at this point. For the first few minuted after I knew I understood her and wanted to help, but then I was mad that she lied to Tony and put on an act. "You have to tell him!" I said more forcefully than I meant to. "I know I do! I don't want to hurt him that's why-" "you already did that Sammi" I said back cutting her off. "You hurt him the minute you kissed him and let him believe he could have you!" She began crying again and said "but he can have me!" I took a deep breath then because things were getting out of control and I was still her friend after all....She wouldn't have confided in me if I wasn't. "I'm sorry Abby" she said as she wiped her eyes. "Me too" I replied and then said "we're gonna figure this out ok?" She nodded and whispered "thank you." For the rest of the night we talked about everything and by the end of the night I left Sammi with a decision; the lies or Tony. I knew she wanted to choose Tony but I also knew why she was so scared. We went to bed around three A.M. and were back up and ready to go at 7. Sammi was quiet the entire ride and I couldn't see through her this time. When we pulled into the parking lot I said "no matter what happens Im here." Sammi smiled and said thank you and then added that she hopped Tony would feel the same. "He's a great guy" I said, "I'm sure he can handle a little secret." I smiled at Sammi and she smiled back as we got out of the car and started the long day ahead of us.