Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating lately, i have writers block and schools been horrible, everyday i have homework and have to study for an exam. I'm currently editing some mistakes I've made and I'm going to see if i rewrite some of the chapters.

Athena Potter is a girl that lives with her aunt and uncle after her parents died. They told Athena that her parents died in a car crash when she was 1 year old so she doesn't really remember what happened except that there was a bright green light. She doesn't really like her aunt that much but she hates her uncle, Vernon Dursley.

She hates him so much but at the same time she fears him because if she doesn't do her chores right or doesn't finish them on time her uncle beats her up and leaves her locked in her cupboard under the stairs that she had to learn to call her bedroom. The Dursleys have a child his name is Dudley, he's the only one of the family that Athena likes, he's like a big brother to her but in front of his parents he has to pretend that he hates her.

Aunt Petunia has a long neck with blue eyes and blonde hair, Uncle Vernon is a whale of a man who can barely sit down on the dinner table without looking as if he where about to fall of, Dudley is actually quite similar to aunt Petunia because of his hair and his eyes but he is fat almost like uncle Vernon. 

(Time skip to when Athena is a few weeks away from her birthday )

Athena's POV

I was woken up by aunt Petunia shrieking "Up get up girl and make breakfast" then I heard her knocking on the cupboard under the stairs which I learned to call my bedroom after spending various weeks locked in it after talking back to uncle Vernon for not finishing my chores on time.

 After having woken up properly I remember the dream I had before aunt Petunia woke me up, it was really weird I remember seeing a bright green light the same one I always see in my dreams after my parents died in a car crash. Well that's what aunt Petunia told me, but I don't believe her because I have a lightning bolt shaped scar on my forehead aunt Petunia told me I got it in the car crash but it's hard to believe that you got a scar shaped like that in a car crash and also the green light doesn't make sense unless something had exploded but I don't think that happened.

Anyways back to my dream I saw that green light but then I saw blue eyes throwing and icy glare at me then I woke up, I got out of my cupboard after hearing aunt Petunia telling me to get up and do her dear dudders breakfast of course I got up quickly because I didn't want to get hit by aunt Petunia and also because it was Dudley's birthday and I wanted to tell him happy birthday before aunt Petunia came down after waking up uncle Vernon.

After finishing their breakfast, I was able to eat some eggs with bacon before aunt Petunia told me to do the chores since I wasn't able to go to the zoo with them because they don't want a "freak" as aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon call me so i was going to stay with Mrs. Figg but then I heard that she called aunt Petunia and said she broke her leg so I had to go with them because uncle Vernon doesn't trust me to leave me alone in the house.

I heard aunt Petunia tell Dudley that they had to bring me with them because they couldn't leave me alone in the house, after she told that to Dudley, I heard him start to whine but I knew he was just pretending I know he was actually happy I got to spend his birthday with him. 

(Time skip when they arrive at the zoo)

When they arrived to the zoo aunt Petunia went to buy Dudley some ice-cream. Aunt Petunia asked, "Pumpkin what ice-cream flavor do you want?", Dudley said, "strawberry". I knew that he didn't like strawberry and he was asking for it so he could say that he doesn't like it so that Petunia can give it to me.

After they bought Dudley chocolate flavored ice-cream and gave me the strawberry one, we went to the reptile section, but I stayed behind a bit to tell Dudley thanks, I told him " Thanks Dud, I know you did it so you could give it to me" he said "it's fine I mean you're like a sister to me". I smiled at him then started walking so that Petunia and Vernon wouldn't notice that we weren't there with them.

We went to the reptile section to see the snakes because Dudley wanted to see them, I started looking at them but we stopped at a boa constrictor from Brazil Vernon started banging on the glass to make the snake move but it was fast asleep so they went to see another snake but I stayed there, the snake suddenly opened its eyes and slowly, very slowly it raised its head until its eyes were on a level with mines.

It winked at me.

I thought I was imagining things so I shook my head to see if I was seeing things or the snake actually winked. I then looked back at the snake and said "You must be tired of people putting their faces on the glass to just see you sleep or just relax." I thought I started going crazy after I saw it nod at me so I asked it a question which sounds crazy but I wanted to see if I was going crazy and seeing things or the snake can actually understand me, "Do you understand me?" 

It nodded again so I asked something else, "How was it back home in Brazil?" It jabbed its tail at a sign that was beside the glass it said "Bred in captivity."  "Oh" I said, I guess it never got to see it's home. After that I was about to leave to go with the Dursleys but I couldn't because I was thrown to the floor by Dudley who send me an apologetic glance I knew he had to do it so his parents don't suspect anything so I wasn't mad at him for that but then I saw Vernon stomp his way over to see what Dudley saw, he then started to bang the glass with his fist.

I could see that the snake was starting to become annoyed for some reason I also started to get mad at Vernon, but I don't know why, I started glaring at Vernon then suddenly the glass disappeared and since Vernon was leaning against the glass so he fell in then the glass appeared again so Vernon was stuck in there, but the snake had enough time to escape.

I saw it was heading towards the exit behind me so while it was slithering toward it, it told me "Thankssss amiga" I was shocked that I could understand it, but I didn't think too much of it because I knew when I got home, I would be getting punished for something I didn't even know was possible.