Chapter 8

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO JK ROWLING, STEPHENIE MEYER, AND STAN LEE

Athena's POV

"Better be... Slytherin"

I heard many gasps and some cheering from Dray, Nev, Mione, and some Slytherins. They're probably Drays friends. I didn't care if everyone was looking at me or that Dumbledore was glaring at me, I just walked with pride and confidence towards the Slytherin table and sat beside Dray. "Thena this is Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, Daphne Greengrass, Theodore Nott, and Tracey Davis." He said while pointing at each person while saying their name.

"And this is Athena Potter-Black." 

"I can introduce myself thank you very much." I heard some people snickering at what I told Dray. 

We saw the rest of the sorting, but when Dumbledore started his speech, I started talking with the rest of the Slytherin first years when I saw Ced in the Hufflepuff table and I also saw the twins sitting in the Gryffindor table, so I waved them over. I saw that Blaise, Pans, Daph, Theo, and Trace looked at me curiously, but I just shook my head and told them I'd tell them later in the common room. "Hey guys, how've you been?" 

"Hiya Thena-" 

"-we're fine apart from-" 

"-our brother nagging us-" 

"-about how you were sorted into Slytherin-" 

"-and you're not his best friend." I giggled at the twins, but I saw that the Slytherins were sneering and glaring at the twins.

I glared at them, and they immediately stopped their sneering and glaring at the twins. "Hi Thena, I'm fine what about you, how've you been since we last saw each other?" 

"Fine Ced, a bit anxious about the sorting and everything but I'm fine now." I said while smiling, I noticed that everyone at the hall was silent and was staring at the twins, Ced, and I.

I was confused but then remembered that Slytherins and Gryffindors are supposed to be enemies, but I didn't care so I ignored them and continued talking with them when we were rudely interrupted by none other than the weasel. "Fred, George what are you doing with this slimy snake." said weasel or rather shouted.

I rolled my eyes at him and saw that everyone did the same, I guess the twins have to deal with his bullshit every day. I kinda feel bad for them. "No one asked you weasel." 

"I was talking to my brothers Potter." 

"It's actually Potter-Black, weasel so you'll learn to say my name correctly or I might tell my lawyer that you're disrespecting the lady of two most noble and most ancient houses and the heir to a most noble and most ancient house, and that won't look good on you."

I didn't want to say that I was the lady to seven houses because Dumbledore was there, and I don't trust him at all. I also saw the shocked faces of everyone especially some of the Slytherins and the twins as well as Ced and weasels. I just ignored them and went back to eating.

After we finished eating, we were led by two prefects to our common room. I didn't even try to memorize the way today because I was tired, but I knew I'd have to explain what happened earlier in the great hall.

"Hello, I'm Gemma Farley and this is Adrian Pucey we are the Slytherin prefects we will show you tomorrow how to get to the great hall you will need to be here at 7 am and I suggest you try to memorize were you're going. Our head of house will be here any moment to tell you all the rules that you'll need to follow as a Slytherin." 

As soon as she said that a man with black greasy hair up to his shoulders and black robes billowing behind him when he walked stopped in front of us. "Welcome to the noble house of Slytherin, you will follow these rules or points will be taken from you, we have won the house cup for six years in a row make sure this will be the seventh in a row. 

Rule number one, if you have any problem with another person from Slytherin sort whatever problem you have with them IN the common room, we already have a bad reputation as it is since according to others, we are the evil house, we don't need any more reasons for them to think that. 

Rule number 2, no sneaking out at night after curfew if you do then make sure you get caught by me or a Slytherin prefect, but just because it's me doesn't mean you'll be able to leave without punishment. Rule number three don't get into fights with other houses especially with Gryffindors, as I said before we are known as the evil house, we don't need more reasons for people to believe that. You will also need to do your best in all your classes because I will not let you be below acceptable. 

Curfew starts at 9 pm and finished at 7 am. First to second years you'll be in your dorms no later than 10 and third years and above you'll be in your dorms no later than 12. Girls' dorms are to the right and boys' dorms are to the left, the doors to your dorms will have name plates so you know which dorm is yours. I'll be in the common room from 6 to 8 to help you with your homework and if you need to tell me something or sort out something with a housemate my office is right there. Now I'll leave you to sort out your things. Goodnight."

Once Snape left, I saw that Blaise, Pans, Daph, Theo, and Trace looked at me waiting for an explanation for what happened in the great hall, I noticed that everyone in the common room were waiting for that explanation. "So, I see you guys are waiting for an explanation to what happened in the great hall with the twins and Ced," I paused and saw all of them nod so I continued, "Well I met them in Diagon a few weeks before we came to Hogwarts, I bumped into Ced at Flourish and Blotts while looking for some books and I bumped into the twins at Zonko's. I know that the Weasleys are considered blood-traitors for favoring muggles but the only blood-traitors in that family are Molly, Ginny, and Ronald Weasley. The rest I don't know how they are, but the twins are actually quite fun to be with."

I saw them nod. Suddenly I felt really tired, probably from today's events and all. I also saw that the rest of the guys were also getting tired. So, we went up to our dorms and I saw that I was with Pans, Daph, and Trace so at least I won't be alone in the dorm. We went in and we saw four poster beds with green bedding and curtains around the bed. The bathroom was similar to the one I had at the Malfoys, so I organized all of the things I had brought with me from the Malfoys. After that I brushed my teeth and also brushed my hair since it was really tangled. I put on a pair of pjs and told the girls goodnight and went to bed while closing the curtains. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was fast asleep.