Chapter 4

Athena's POV

I walked into Madame Malkin's Robes for All Occasions to get my uniform. Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve. "Hogwarts dear?" said Madam Malkin, when I started to speak. "Got the lot here; another young man being fitted up just now, in fact." In the back of the shop, a boy with a pale, pointed face was standing on foot stool while a second witch pinned up his long black robes. Madam Malkin told me to stand on a stool next to him, I slipped a long robe over my head, and she began to pin it to the right length.

"Hello," said the boy, "Hogwarts, too?"

"Yes", I responded him.

"My father's next door buying my books and mother's up the street looking at wands." said the boy. He had a bored, drawling voice. "Then I'm going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow."

I was strongly reminded of some boys in my school.

"Have you got your own broom?" the boy went on.

"No" I said.

"Play quidditch at all?"

"No" I said again, wondering what on earth quidditch could be.

"I do; father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?"

"No" I repeated once more, "But from what I've heard I might be in Slytherin or Ravenclaw"

"Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our family have been, imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?"

"Maybe but" wishing I could say something a bit more interesting.

"I say, look at that man!" said the boy suddenly, nodding toward the front window. I looks toward the window and see a giant walking towards gringotts. "He looks as if he were going to gringotts." I said, the boy looks again toward the window and nods in agreement. "I wonder  what he's going to do there?" the boy said. I should probably ask his name.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked him.

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy." He said, "and you are?"

"I'm Athena Potter-Black." I saw that he as well as the rest of people I have met stared at me in shock, but he covered it quickly after I saw who I assumed to be his parents enter the shop.

"Draco are you done?" said a beautiful woman, with black hair but half of her hair was blonde, the same blonde as the man next to her, which is probably her husband, and also Draco's. I noticed that Draco's Father had noticed me there so he looked at me. 

"Who are you?" asked Draco's father, but it wasn't in a harsh way but more like curious. "I'm Athena Potter-Black, sir." He stared again in shock, just like his wife and Draco, but he composed himself and put his emotionless mask back on.

"Sorry for the disrespect Lady Potter, I'm Lucius Malfoy, this is my wife Narcissa Malfoy and my son Draco Malfoy."  "It's alright Lord Malfoy, you didn't disrespect me in any way." Lord Malfoy was slightly stunned at how respectful and how I knew the formal way to speak to a Lord. "Lady Potter, would you like to continue buying your school supplies with us?" asked Lady Malfoy.

I could see that Draco got a little excited and Lord Malfoy was kind of pleased that his wife asked me that, I wonder why he looked so pleased, I thought I guess I'll find out. "I would love to Lady Malfoy." "Call me Cissy dear", I was shocked that she let me call her that since we just met. "Then you can call me Athena or Thena if you'd like."