Chapter 12

Naruto grunted as he blocked a kick to the chest from his opponent, one of the weaker enemies. He had been separated from his teammates by the three enemies, causing each of them to fight in a one on one battle. It was impossible to tell what village they were from, but he knew that they were skilled. After all, they were overpowering him. 

Kisame had estimated that he was high chunin-level at best, at worst high genin-level. After all, if you trained for three months under one of the strongest shinobi alive, it was hard for you to be that weak.

Samehada helped a lot, too. The powerful blade which could absorb chakra as well as shave instead of slice combined with Naruto's unnaturally large chakra reserves enhanced his ability to perform jutsu that required more chakra, and Naruto planned to take advantage of that fact.

'Water Style: Water Bomb Jutsu!' Naruto roared, as he churned water chakra in his stomach. A huge blast of water drenched his enemy in water, pushing his enemy back as well as dealing a small amount of damage.

'Earth Style: Toujinbo.' His enemy called out the name of his jutsu, his hands impacting the terrain that they were fighting on.

Sharp columns of rock protruded from the ground, allowing Naruto's enemy, the ninja known as Earthworm, to gain an advantage. This also enabled the enemy shinobi to attack Naruto from his blind spots, maximising the efficiency.

Naruto quickly dodged the pillars of earth, using Samehada to slice up the columns that came to close. At one point, one column arose from right under Naruto, eliciting a response from the blond. Naruto whirled around, chopping the pillar into bits using a wind-infused slash. Work with Kisame had perfected his slash-down-slash combo, which meant that he could now use efficient, orthodox slashes.

'Wind Style: Vacuum Blast.' Naruto quickly spun around, using his incredibly sharp wind chakra to rebound across the battlefield, slicing up whatever was in his way. Naruto knew that this was one of his most powerful ninjutsu, and had to use it conservatively, so that he would not be predictable. Predictability was the complete opposite of his fighting style, which centered around launching unexpected but devastating strikes.

'Shoot.' Earthworm swore, quickly spinning and dodging Naruto's wind blasts. The wind had wrecked his earth columns, minimising the amount of space he had to hide, and expanding Naruto's field of vision. The earth around Earthworm weakened, hiding the shinobi from Naruto's eyes.

Naruto's pupils darted across the battlefield in search of his opponent. Earthworm wasn't above, in front, behind, right, nor left to him. That meant that he was below him. Naruto jumped up, avoiding a pair of outstretched hands. Earthworm's arms pulled thin air into the ground, returning to his body empty-handed. Naruto moved back, avoiding the arms of Earthworm, until another pair of arms contacted his body.

There he was, Earthworm, holding a kunai to Naruto's throat. Naruto inwardly swore, acknowledging that he had created clones, most likely made of earth. Immediately, Naruto's chin moved down to cover his windpipe, before spinning around to knee Earthworm in the nuts.

The enemy shinobi staggered backwards, recovering from the hit to the sensitive part of his body, before launching into another flurry of hand seals. 'Earth Style: Stone Column Spears.'

Sharp rocks moved up from the ground to pierce Naruto's vitals, while Earthworm's clone leapt high in the air to kick Naruto's head. Instantaneously, Naruto substituted himself with the earth clone, dispelling it. The Substitution Jutsu was the only jutsu he had learnt from the Konoha Academy, along with the Transformation Jutsu and his creation, the Sexy Jutsu.

'Damn it!' Earthworm said, before grabbing his dual kunai and returning to a bukijutsu battle.

Samehada's sheer power decimated Earthworm's kunai, shaving it to shreds within three hits. Combined with Naruto's insane wind affinity, cutting through even the first Rashomon would be possible with some difficulty.