Chapter 23

Smiling, Naruto led Shikamaru and Haku into the site of the Second Stage. A few other genin teams were already gathered at the same location, shooting Team 12 glares that were meant to intimidate them. Unfortunately for the staring genin, Naruto and his two teammates had endured worse, meaning that the measly amount of Killing Intent from the weak genin did nothing to faze them.

Sitting down on the floor, Team 12 displayed boredom on their faces, awaiting the arrival of the proctor of the Second Stage. With nothing to do, Naruto walked over to the five genin teams already there, hoping to eliminate or assess some of the competition early. 'You all seem weak. Just forfeit, which will save you the trouble of getting your arse handed to you or getting killed by the genin that actually deserve to be here.'

Most of the genin that Naruto had insulted shrugged it off, attempting to not fall so early to psychological warfare and shame their village, but Naruto was able garner a response from the sole team from Otogakure. 'What were you saying, punk? You want a fight?'

'The question should be do you want a fight?' Naruto taunted, his hand hovering over Samehada's hilt.

'What did you say? Otogakure is the strongest! Slicing Sound Wave!' The Otogakure shinobi donning a shirt with the kanji for death on it retorted, his voice echoing across the room. Immediately, a blast of wind rocketed towards Naruto from under the boy's sleeve, brushing against the Uzumaki like a cool breeze on a summer day.

'That was weak.' Naruto said, recovering from the attack like it was nothing. 'Too weak. I didn't even need Samehada.'

'Grrr...' The Otogakure shinobi growled, pissed off at Naruto's disregard for his abilities and superiority. 'Dosu! Kin! Help me on this!'

'Nah. Handle it yourself, Zaku.' Dosu said, somewhat intimidated by Naruto's power. He turned his head to look at his teammate, Kin, sharing a glance of disapproval at Zaku's behaviour.

'Too scared to come out and face me like real shinobi? Whatever. Your village is probably just as weak as you, sending out five year olds to a real arena.' Naruto smirked, unstrapping Samehada from his back.

In response to Naruto's constant belittling of his team and their abilities, Team Dosu stood up, ready to fight the Uzumaki. As more and more teams began pouring into the room, the trio of Otogakure shinobi stared Naruto down, emitting as much Killing Intent as possible. Dosu's eyes darkened at Naruto's remarks, seething at the blatant disrespect that his opponent displayed. 'How dare you insult Otogakure and our glorious leader...'

'Woah, a fight already? The exams haven't even started yet!' One of the new arrivals whispered to his teammate, looking to see who won and assess Naruto and Team Dosu's combat abilities.

Zaku made the first move. Swiftly, the genin let a burst of wind out through the tubes concealed under his sleeve, Naruto countering by dodging and darting towards Zaku. Zaku prepared to take Naruto's attack, but his teammate Dosu covered for him.

Naruto clutched his ears in pain, Dosu's sound amplification device releasing a high frequency ring towards the blond shinobi. Everyone else in the room followed suit, covering their ears from Dosu's earrape.

Using Naruto's temporary immobilisation as a chance to deal damage, Kin fired senbon at the Uzumaki, not bothering to use her signature genjutsu to take her opponent out.

Unfortunately for Kin, Naruto spun through the hand seals for a wind jutsu. 'Wind Style: Great Breakthrough!'

Expelling a strong wind towards the incoming senbon, Naruto blew the senbon back towards Kin at a faster speed than when they came towards him, propelled by the wind that the blond had generated. Darting towards the Oto team, the Kirigakure swordsman weaved hand seals, before releasing a wave of water from his mouth. 'Water Style: Water Bomb!'