Chapter 3 - Disrespect

After the four ship girls from Sakura Empire has left Azur Lane. Battleship Row is in shambles as there are a lot of ships listing in different directions. Constitution can only look in exasperation as to how many of the current ship girls lost their ships. Thus reducing them to land duties. But all is not lost for the ship girls who's ships are severely damaged. With the arrival of Vestal a repair ship girl that had seen a lot of action in World War 2. When she was still a ship. Vestal was present during the attack on Pearl Harbor.

After that, she has a constant fixture in many sea battles when quick repairs are needed. She was also present when Enterprise, then in her original ship form. Was finally taken out of the war by a lone unnamed Japanese fighter pilot. The pilot may had damaged Enterprise badly. But he didn't succeed to sink her. Although she may have lost her number one elevator deck The Grey Ghost is still in good sailing condition when she was brought back to Pearl Harbor. But she would never see any action anymore as the Essex class carriers finished what she started.

As all of the ships that fought what seems to be a Siren surprise attack head back to the docks. They decide to go to the showers after a long grueling battle. Most of the ships needed major repairs while some suffered minor damage. While Cleveland is supervising all the repairs of the heavily damaged ships. Constitution decides to look for Enterprise and have a conversation with her. She sees her going to another part of the base. Specifically the beach facing a lighthouse in the distance.

Constitution follows Enterprise to where she is going. The matriarch of Eagle Union is a tad slow as compared to Eagle Union's strongest carrier. She manages to catch up with her as soon as the mighty ship girl stops by the shoreline. She decides to talk to Enterprise in the hopes of getting to know the most decorated ship girl. Hoping that she will have a good conversation with her. Constitution approaches her gently so that she won't startle Enterprise. As she gets near to her. She starts to talk by greeting Enterprise first.

Constitution: Good morning Miss Enterprise.

Enterprise: Who the hell are you?

Constitution: My name is USS Constitution.

Enterprise: Like I care about your name.

Constitution: Is that a way to talk back to your elders Miss Enterprise?

Enterprise: Why I should talk to you normally? I know about how you were preserved as the oldest warship in the original timeline.

Constitution: Weren't you preserved as well?

Enterprise: You don't know a damn thing about me!!! (Leaves the beach.)

Constitution: "Oh my..... What a rude girl. She's definitely like her great grandmother. A great fighter but a stubborn disrespectful girl as well." (Leaves the beach as well.)

Just as Constitution is about to exit the beach. She sees Prince of Wales who was looking for her after she left the docks. Calls out her name while walking towards her.

Wales: There you are Miss Constitution. I have been looking all over for you. It's a good thing that I saw Cleveland at the docks. She pointed me to this direction.

Constitution: Ah yes. I saw the girl you call Enterprise go here. So I decided to follow her.

Wales: Did you start a conversation with her?

Constitution: Yes I did. But she's not quite the conversationalist I was hoping for.

Wales: It's really hard to know what is on her mind.

Constitution: Quite frankly, she reminds me of her great grandmother.

Wales: You mean that there was a ship that also bears her name?

Constitution: Yes. She was a sloop class warship as far as I can remember. She's much more stubborn than the one that I just talked to.

Wales: I see..... We can talk more about her back at headquarters. Javelin and the others would like to meet you.

Constitution: Very well..... Lead the way Miss Wales.

Wales: Yes.

As Wales and Constitution leave the beach. A small fleet of ship girls are now headed for Azur Lane. What they don't know is that danger awaits them in the open waters. Meanwhile..... A fleet from Iron Blood are now on their way to meet up with the Sakura Empire ship girls. Also on their way is the main fleet of the Royal Navy. Azur Lane is now confronted with the problem of dealing with two enemies. The external threat which is the Sirens. And the faction of Sakura Empire and Iron Blood. Which is called the Red Axis. All of which will be the burden on the shoulders of one ship girl. And her name is Enterprise.

A name which has become legendary in both the original timeline. And the altered timeline of World War 2.