Chapter 4 - Meeting the Young Guns

While Enterprise heads to the dorm. Wales assists Constitution back to the mansion/headquarters where the younger ship girls are waiting. All of them are excited to meet the ship girl who is considered to be "The Matriarch of Eagle Union". But in reality she is just an old warship brought back in a different timeline. And transformed into a human being just like her World War 2 counterparts. Wales and Constitution are now entering the mansion/headquarters and the pre world war two era ship girl is both happy and nervous at the same time. This is the first time that she is going to the younger ship girls.

Since the room where she and the other ship girls had a conversation isn't big enough to accommodate all of them. They they decide to let her talk with the younger ship girls in the courtyard. Javelin, Laffey, and Unicorn were the first ones to arrive. The other ship girls who fought in the battle took their time as they needed to regain their strength after fending off the enemy in a grueling day. Many of them are intrigued by her presence in the base. Especially those who were made years after the existence of the iron clad ships. However, one ship girl is not interested in knowing her stories. And that is Enterprise, she decides to lock herself up in her room and eat her occasional supply of ration bars that look like chocolate.

She then looks at ocean and decides to go to sleep. Meanwhile back at the courtyard. Almost every ship girl is in attendance with the exception of Enterprise. As former ships in the real world. They both faced different enemies and fought many battles. But as their careers ended. They met different endings as ships. Constitution was fought for preservation as both a ship museum and as the oldest functional warship. While Enterprise's battle for preservation and turned into a ship museum went for naught. In the end she was sold and turned into scrap metal. Much of her steel is used in building the lone nuclear powered aircraft carrier of her class. The USS Enterprise (CVN-65). Sadly, she too is now facing the same situation that her predecessor faced. And that is being sold and turned into scrap metal. While a third aircraft carrier bearing her name is currently being laid down and awaiting construction.

Old Ironsides arrives in the courtyard along with Prince of Wales, Illustrious, and Cleveland. The young ones as well as the adults get awed by her elegance. Pretty soon all of them want to get a closer look at the ship girl who is said to be the Matriarch of Eagle Union. Javelin, Laffey, and Unicorn are among the young ship girls present in the courtyard. Despite all the admiration for her. All of them are curious as to how an old ship like her ended up in Azur Lane. They soon think of questions to ask her. And make sure that they won't be in any way offensive to old Ironsides. They are wary of saying or asking something that might upset her. Old Ironsides knows what is going to happen the minute she stepped out of the office and into the courtyard.

In her eyes she can see her old comrades among the young ship girls. She too was once like them. She has fought a lot ships like her. Including the French ship Guerririe. Which used to be a part of the Royal Navy. As the crowd begins to silence. Prince of Wales gets ready to introduce Constitution to the younger ship girls. As soon as everyone is silent. Wales starts to talk and acknowledge the curiosity of both the teenage ship girls and young ship girls alike.

Wales: Good morning everyone. And thank you for coming to the courtyard on short notice. I'm sure that all of you are curious about our guest. She is a legendary ship in her original timeline. Just like Miss Enterprise. But before you start asking questions. Let me formally introduce to all of you our guest. My comrades in Azur Lane. I present today our guest. Miss USS Constitution.

The ship girls give a big round of applause to Constitution. A ship girl that is highly regarded as the matriarch of Eagle Union. She stands in front of Wales, Illustrious, and Cleveland as the ship girls of Royal Navy and Eagle Union continue to clap their hands. Once they stop clapping. Constitution introduces herself properly to the impromptu audience standing in front of her.

Constitution: Good morning girls. My name is USS Constitution. As you can see I have no hull number like all of you here. I see that we are missing one person in the audience.

Wales immediately gets who the ship girl that Constitution is talking about. She decides to let it pass. So that it wouldn't ruin the mood. Meanwhile Constitution continues on with her statement while the young ship girls attentively listen to her. Then she ends it with letting one of them ask questions about who she is. And how she came into Azur Lane. The younger ship girls asked Constitution a lot of questions. She gamely answered all of the questions especially about her name. Or who is this Guerririe that she fought in her original ship form.

Everything went well with the question and answer as the ship girls leave the courtyard in orderly fashion. Wales, Illustrious, Constitution, and Cleveland go back to the office and have some tea. As they enter the building, a small fleet is on its way to Azur Lane. However they are sailing in harm's way. Sakura Empire ship girls are now planning an ambush on the small fleet. And a pair of ship girls from Iron Blood are going to lend their hands. While being supported with a fleet of mass produced Siren ships.