11. Superdad

"We're ready," Levi announced when we met Josiah and Asher at the door.

"Okay. Take care," Asher said, about to move forward, but he stopped and stepped back again.

I looked at Levi, who was already studying his every move.

The doorbell ringing made her look at the door.

"Be safe," Josiah said, before remembering something. "Did you take you phones?"

I nodded, while Levi stared at the door.

"Call any of us if there is a problem. You have our numbers saved in them," He said, smiling softly.

I nodded again and moved when Levi took a step towards the door.

She opened the door to reveal a tall man standing there in an expensive suit, much like Lucian. Father looked really young yet friendly. Unlike Lucian, young and scary.

"Good morning, kids!" He said, when he was done looking us over.

"Morning," Levi said, in her usual 'void of emotions' voice.

"Nice to meet you again, Amira," He said, making Levi turn her head towards him and nod. Although she looked fully focussed on him, she seemed to be lost. Like she was in a daze.

I don't know what is going on in her mind.

"Nice to meet you, Aurora," He said, leaning towards his side to look at me.

"Good morning, Father," I said, nodding my head. He smiled in return.

"Let's go then," He turned around and started walking towards the car.

He got in the driver's seat. Levi thought for a moment before opening the back door and holding it for me.

She got in the front, turning to glance at me. I gave a nod and she smiled before focussing on Father again, studying his movements.

We may be more inclined to live with him, that doesn't mean she trusts him fully. She will watch his every movement to take the decision.

Father focused on the road and put some music on.
"So, how have you been?" He asked, breaking the silence.

"Good," Levi responded shortly.

"I'm sorry for your Mom," He said, turning towards her to give a sad smile.

"You're four years late but okay." She said.

God! She can't let anyone catch a break. No one can be saved from her words.

Levi looked at Father to see his reaction.

Oh. She has some plan.

"Ouch," He muttered. "I'm sorry I couldn't attend the funeral. I wasn't in contact after the divorce and I got to know two days later."

"Hm." Levi muttered, narrowing her eyes at the man, in deep thought. "You could've at least called to see how your daughters were coping."

"I wasn't allowed to be in your life in any way after the divorce," He said, softly, staring at the road.

We reached the amusement park where Levi said no to most of the rides saying she wasn't interested or they were childish.

Miss Aurora Rose Verlice, on the other hand, was scared so she said no to most of the rides Levi rejected too.

Father decided to just sit down in the small garden and talk to us.

"This superdad is too strong to go on these silly rides," He mocked, jokingly.