16. Apologies and Decisions

So much love in the previous chapter. I love you too.
(〜^∇^)〜❤
---

"Wake up, babies. Lunch will be ready soon," Josiah said, as he opened the curtains, letting the painfully bright sunlight in.

"Lunch?" I asked, lifting my head to look at him sleepily.

"Yeah," he said, smiling sweetly. "Claire will be here at four."

I nodded and let my head fall back onto the pillow. Rose got out of bed and walked to the bathroom sleepily.

Just as I was about to sleep again, someone clapped their hands.
"None of that, sweetheart. Get up. Lucian wants you down for lunch," Josiah said, with a knowing look in his eyes.

I rolled my eyes and got out of bed.

Lucian can politely fuck off with his orders.

Josiah left the room, while I stood before the sink besides Rose.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, to which she nodded her head.

"You?" She asked.

"Better than usual, I'd say." I said. She smiled and nodded.

After doing our morning business, I took her hand in mine and started walking.

Everyone was seated and talking when we reached the kitchen.

"Good Morning, babies!" Asher chimed as soon as we entered, turning all the attention to us.

"Morning, Asher," We muttered.

I halted in my steps. There were three seats empty. The two in the middle on both sides and Asher's seat.

"I thought we were allowed to sit beside each other now," I said, looking at Lucian, who was casually scrolling through his phone.

He looked up and saw how everyone was seated.
"Damien wasn't there at that time, so you took advantage. I was just being lenient."

"But we didn't exchange food," I gritted, feeling Rose's grip tighten on my hand.

"But I'm still asking you to sit away from each other," Lucian said, raising an eyebrow. "And don't talk through gritted teeth."

I just clenched my jaw and looked down, when he gave me a pointed look at the end.

"It's okay, Levi," Rose murmured, softly, before releasing her grip on my hand.

Rose surprised me when she walked forward and sat between Damien and Jayden. I stood there for a moment before going to sit beside Josiah.

'Still trying to keep you away from each other.'

"How is your bruise healing?"

I had to look up and confirm if it really was him asking that.

"Why do you care?" I snapped, feeling the piercing glare on me which honesty made me want to apologize quickly.

"Don't be disrespectful, Bunny," Lucian reprimanded, making me lower my gaze from Damien and focus on my food again.

There was silence for a while before,
"You didn't answer the question," Lucian said.

I looked up, feeling my anger run to be unleashed. But my eyes locked with Rose's at that moment.

"Good," I answered shortly before focusing on my food again.

"Claire will be here by four. I hope you've decided what you want," He said, looking between me and Rose.