Epilougue

Izuku POV:

"Hey Mom, I'm glad to see you again."

I smiled, placing another bouquet of flowers on the tombstone. I gently wipe away any leftover dust, making sure the inscription showed through.

Inko Midoriya
A Kind Mother to One and All
May You Rest In Peace

"It's been a while since we talk, things have changed, nearly 4 years since your funeral, right?"

Izuku wiped a single tear that came to his eyes, continuing, "There's so much you missed, but you'll be surprised to hear, Ochaco and I are having a baby! It's too early to know yet, but we're stuck on names right now." Chuckling, he reflected on his initial reaction several years ago.

"She's really great Mom, I know you approve of her. She was there by my side for a long time, of course we had to keep it quiet at first for a while, she never hesitated to comfort me. We're living in your apartment now, couldn't let it go, so until our baby is born, we've been staying there.

"Hero work has been great, Father is still behind bars, so no worries there. I wish I would have known, I always contemplate on some of my past mistakes...."

I felt my shoulders fall, before thinking of my lovely wife, her beautiful eyes and smile. The way she listened to me and my pain so long ago. "Ochaco has kept me in check, after All Might revealed the essence of One for All, he was able to gather the people and bring us together. My emotions was still raw, but she never left me."

"Sometimes," I sighed, "I wonder what made you fall for Father. There's still a lot of questions I want to ask you, but I know you would be happier seeing me move forward than continuing dwelling on the past. I'll keep making you proud Mom, until next time."

VRRM VRRM

I took my phone out my pocket, gleaming at the contact. "Hey babe~"

"Izuku! How's things with Mom?"

"Pretty good, almost finish. Sorry I couldn't bring you with me."

"It's alright, the girls and I are fighting over names right now, I'm not giving up on Izumi if it's girl."

"Come on Ochaco, think something broader, I'm pretty sure every other story use that name."

"Mina, it's not your child, you can't choose."

"Ms. Uravity, what about Hanako?"

"I like that Eri, it has a nice ring to it." I look towards the sky, feeling the gentle breeze rushing past me. Things didn't start well, but I hope everyone will be happy.

"Alright Ochaco, I'll be there in about 2 minutes top, love you."

I could hear the smile in her voice. "See you soon Izuku, love you too. Say goodbye to Mom for me."

The phone call ended with a click. I began walking, until I saw a dark figure walking towards me. He waved, approaching my mom's tombstone. He placed a single rose down.

"Did you know my mom well?"

The hooded figure stopped, before smirking. "She was a great person, and made a greater son. I only wish I could have done you more justice in writing you. But I think it's time I let you have peace and move on."

Confused, I ask, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing," the figure's hood made it too difficult to recognize. He put up the peace sign, saying, "I'll let you have your happy ending, I'll find someone else. Stay safe, Deku."

Before I could speak, he was gone as soon as he came. I didn't feel any malicious intent, only pure gratitude. "Probably just a fan," I activate One For All, getting ready to go home to my family.

This didn't seem like I had control over my life, but I'm glad where my choices bought me.