Chapter 13

Uraraka POV:

I took a look around the apartment, seeing a few boxes around, and a bit of dust collected on the shelves. Deku stood off to the side, keeping his head down. There was an awkward silent the ensued afterwards. That was, until....

Grrrr....

I looked up to see Deku, a bit embarrassed and holding his stomach. 'That was a loud sound, when was the last time you ate?'

I giggled, and Deku flushed even harder. I stood up, and approached him, nearing my face to his.

"U-Uraraka?"

"Deku..."I whispered.

I then took my hand and plucked him on the forehead.

"OW!" He rubbed the spot on his forehead.

"That's for leaving rushing off by yourself, and not telling me the truth."

He looked away, showing regret and guilt.

I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him in a tight hug. "This...is for everything else."

I felt him hesitate, and then hugged me back, tightly. I could hear him crying on my shoulder. I rub him on his back, not saying anything for a few seconds. Then I started talking to him.

"I don't pretend to know the battles you're facing, or that these scars will heal fast, or even heal at all. I don't need to know everything right now, all I want is to be there for you."

I heard his breathing slowing down, and I could feel his heartbeat. It was weird, so soothing. I continued comforting him.

"Tomorrow, you'll have to face everyone, you can't keep running. But I'll be by your side, no matter what. And tonight, I'm not going to leave you. Let me be your hero, and I'll carry your burdens with you."

"Uraraka...you shouldn't have to do this..." He leaned backed and smiled sadly. "I've said and done some bad things, even if I felt that Kacchan deserved it, it wasn't right. I just don't want to hurt anyone, because of my father, because of my pain."

'Even now, you worried about me and the others, you lovable dork.' I kissed him on the cheek. "Well, I'm still not leaving your side, and it's because..."

'Say it Ochaco...do it! You know he likes you, so just be honest!'

"I love you!"

I closed my eyes, waiting for his reaction. I peeked through one, to see him wearing the biggest smile ever. He grabbed me by the collar of his (my) hoodie and kissed me on the lips!

It was soft and sweet, and time seemed to slow. Nothing mattered other than the fact that we was here, and then we felt the same.

We broke from the kiss, catching out breath. Deku looked at me tenderly, and I could see that he was mentally focusing himself.

"Urar- Ochaco, I love you too!"

Midoriya POV:

'How lucky could I be...'

Here he was, not only being held by his best friend, his crush, his love, who was comforting him, but she said three tiny words that meant the world to him.

Rather than overthink things, he acted on instinct, and kissed her. It was passionate, and he had to hold himself back from going all out. When they broke the kiss, he was a little disappointed, but it was as wonderful as the first one.

'If she's taking the leap for me, then I'll jump with her, and we'll do this together.'

"Urar- Ochaco, I love you too!"