Chapter 12

Midoriya POV:

Midoriya POV:

The lights was off, and as I shut the door behind me, I took a look at my surroundings. The apartment was mostly the same, minus a few things out of place for when the police came through for an investigation. I knew that eventually they would want to ask me questions, but Aizawa stopped them ahead of time to allow me some space.

I walk towards some boxes, her clothes neatly folded. I felt the memories coming through me, never fully appreciating how much she cared and loved me, despite my own setbacks.

"Help!"

A small cinnamon roll with green hair in an All Might onesie opened the door.

"I am here!"

I walked towards the kitchen, the dishes neatly stacked in the cupboard. I took a deep breath, etching every detail into my memory. Who knows what will happen to my home now. Everything, every room, just seemed...cold.

"It's not that I hate UA or anything...I...."

"All I want is Izuku to be happy...so...."

I felt the tears running down my face, almost like a floodgate came open. These tears, they felt more pain than any of the times where I broke my bones. This fight was worse than against Muscular, or even against OverHaul.

I went to the living room, curled up on the couch, allowing myself to relief any emotions I kept to myself.

"Please, go on living, while protecting and nurturing him to the fullest extent possible."

"Mom," I cried, "There's so many things I wanted to show you, I wanted you to see me graduate, to become a pro hero. I wanted to ask you about Dad, if you knew he was All for One, and now..."

She's gone...

I had so many things to plan, the responsibility for her funeral fell upon me, and I can't keep hiding. I wiped my tears, and looked at my hand. I see the scars from my many battles, I remember how she looked worried when she saw them.

I gripped my fist. "Mom, I'll never forget you. This will still hurt, but you would want me to move on, right? But how?"

Knock knock.

I stood up, startled by the sudden noise. Who could it be? Was it Aizawa or All Might? I looked at the clock on the wall.

5:33 pm. 'I've been here for hours.' Of course the teachers would be worried, so that was a possibility. But it could also be...

"Kacchan, wait up for me!"

I grit my teeth, headed to the door, ready to face whoever was on the side, especially Kacchan, since he would be the first to guess where I could have went.

As soon as I swung the door open, instead of staring at angry red eyes, I met a calm and worried deep brown, beautiful eyes and a very familiar hoodie. She gave me a tiny smile.