7 / Chandria

This is a review for Natexxes's Chandria

The first three parts of the story that will be featured here are Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

PROLOGUE

* From this chapter, we can already see that the author has wide vocabulary which is really powerfully executed, because her choice of words are spot-on BUT what's ruining this for me as a reader is the lack of articulation.

Here are some of the demonstration of wide vocabulary of the author from the Prologue:

++ I laugh at my artifice and outright silliness.

++ That was a day of fun and frivolity.

++ Several people were gawking at my car. Unlike earlier, my speed was a bit slower this time, accompanying their steps.

++ Come to think of it, I'm wasting my privilege over the things that I have, while the others need to crawl into a mud of beggary just to have a spare chance to live.

The best examples are present in the Blurb part of this book.

* As per Oxford Languages, 'articulate' means: (of a person or a person's words) having or showing the ability to speak fluently and coherently.

Despite the author having an excellent choice of words and vast vocabulary, mahirap intindihin ang kwento dahil hindi maayos ang pagkakakone-konekta ng mga salita o phrases. Isa sa mga dahilan ay ang maling gamit ng grammar-- mula sa maling gamit ng punctuation (o kakulangan ng paggamit nito), maling gamit ng tenses hanggang sa maling pronouns (sa Blurb lang yata itong may maling pronouns).

Example of wrong use of tenses:

++ Beside from breaking it, why don't you try to ride with the flow and ruled it for your own ideal advantage, diba?

- the statement was written in present tense, (breaking, try, to ride) tapos nahaluan ng past tense (ruled it).

Here are more lines from the story, na mahirap intindihin:

++ Yes. I did all of that, but I always escaped from those. But I can't neglect the humiliation lingered and tainted my life.

++ After all, fate is a bitch. It's tricky at the same time playful. It will give your life unexpected fiction fuck up like thing and sequence of harshfull setting.