Boy or Girl?

TW: Body dysmorphia, Genderfluid Camilo

Takes place after the movie.

Camilo pov
Feeling dread, look into the mirror. I was born a boy, but I don't feel like one. Not today atleast. This is confusing.

Just yesterday I was fine with how I looked. I was fine being a boy. Today I don't feel like one. I don't want to be one. I want to wear a dress, and have makeup, and paint my nails.. But Im not a girl.. Why do I feel like this??

I look into my dressing room. It has costumes and makeup, for my performances. I go into it, just to see. I grab a skirt that I used one time to preform the part of Delores when I was younger, and try it on. Spining in a circle, I giggle. It feels amazing! I love this so much. I then leave my dressing room and walk into my room with a grin.

As I sit down, I hear Maribel call me for dinner. I stand up and forget about my skirt. Walking into the dining room with my food, I remember. Its too late now. I take a breath and sit down between Tío Bruno and mamà. Both of them smile

"I like your skirt," Tío whispers. I blush at the statement (⚠🚫THIS IS BECAUSE CAMILO IS EMBARRASSED AND NOT USED TO THE ATTENTION, NO SHIPPING THE 50 YEAR OLD UNCLE WITH HIS 15 YEAR OLD NEPHEW 🚫⚠)

"Thank you tío" I whisper back. We then turn back to eating.

"Camilo Madrigal." A voice from the end if the table says. I choke on my food for a second before coughing and looking at the direction of my Abuela

"Ehm, sí?" The entire table is either looking at me or Abuela. I don't like this form of attention im getting..

"Why are you in a skirt? You are a boy, aren't you??" She says, getting more irritated by the second.

"I uh, just felt like trying it on" I say, looking right into Abuelas eyes.

"Why." She demands

"I..uh.." Why did I try it on? "I don't know, just felt like it I guess"

"Then change back to normal."

"But we are eating..?"

"Shapeshift then" Abuela is getting more and more annoyed by the second

"Thats..not how it works.."

"Did you just talk back to me??"

"W-what? No! I was just-" she inturupts me.

"CAMILO. GO TO YOUR ROOM AND CHANGE BACK TO NORMAL. YOU ARE A BOY, YOU WERE A BOY, AND ALWAYS WILL BE!! AND BOYS DON'T WEAR SKIRTS!! Go to your room." She yells at me, now standing with her hand slamed in the table

"but..-"

"NOW." She points to the direction of my room. I stand up and close my eyes. All this attention and yelling is making me tear up. A tear falls down my cheek before I turn to the stairs and walk up them. Soon turning to my room and walking to my room

"MAMÀ! ITS ONLY A SKIRT! LET CAMILO WEAR WHAT HE WANTS" for some reason I flinch at the he. Delores then says something that I can't hear, most likely saying that it was loud. I hear a few apologies before I open my door and go into my room.

Flopping onto my bed, I feel more tears fall off my face and onto my sheets. I sob into my blankets and feel myself shapeshift and look at my hand. I notice that I shapeshifted into a girl. This calms me for a second before I realize that I should change back.

I sit up, my tears falling. I see that I did infact shapeshift to a girl in the mirror. I see my prima, Isabella, frowning back at me. I close my eyes and feel myself shift back to Camilo Madrigal, me.