⭐Chapter 8⭐

I was awoken by loud banging on my door. I got up from my bed and opened the door. I raised my head and saw Eunbi looking down, when she raised her head, her eyes widened and she screamed, literally screamed. I bet our neighbours were awake too by now.

When I finally calmed her down, she just looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" she asked

I nodded, not actually understanding her weird behaviour.

Upon hearing the scream, aunty came upstairs as well, she slapped Eunbi's head and told her not to shout.

Finally when she looked at me, her face from being annoyed changed to that of worry. She quickly came to my side and hugged me sideways.

"Are you okay?"

"I am, but why are you both asking me the same question and looking at me like that?" I said confused

"Dear, have you not looked into the mirror yet?" Aunty said slowly

My eyebrows furrowed as I stepped back to look into the mirror.

What I came face to face with was not me, it was......scary, horrendous, I don't know any perfect way to describe myself!?

I stumbled back.

My hair was messy, like literally, it looked like a bird's nest.

My eyes were swollen and I had heavy dark circles under my eye.

Both aunty and Eunbi looked at me worried.

I gave them an awkward laugh and stated,

"I could not sleep properly last night."

How could I? I kept on thinking about the kiss, well I mean, 'the almost kiss!'

Aunty and Eunbi were giving me a weird expression now,

"You are weird!" Eunbi stated

"Eunbi, that's rude!" Aunty corrected

"Eomma(mom), I am your daughter!" Eunbi said in playful manner

"Oh really, I don't have daughter named Eunbi, but I do have one named Eunha." she said as she hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I chuckled

"Eomma!" Eunbi whined as she came over to us and hugged the both of us.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"I am also your daughter right?" Eunbi asked unsure as if thinking if it was correct or not

"Of course you are. You both are!" she said softly as she tightened the hug

After that we broke the hug, aunty looked at me worriedly and touched my face.

I didn't understand, I saw that aunty's thumb was wet.

I was crying!

"What happened?" Aunty asked worriedly

"Did you remember something?" Eunbi asked

I decided it was time, time for me to tell them.

After all they considered me family and I couldn't betray their trust.

I was comfortable and I owed it to them.

I led Eunbi and aunty to my bed, and made them sit down.

Aunty and Eunbi were curious as to why I was acting so weird.

I started off by telling them about my childhood, times when I was left alone by my parents who cared for their reputation and connections rather than their own child.