Part 8:

~~~Virgil~~~

Virgil took a deep breath as they stood outside the school Logan worked at.

Was it wrong to show up at his work? Should he have waited until Logan was home before bringing all this up?

What was he going to say? What could they say?

"Deep breaths, Virgil," They whisper internally.

"Excuse me, aren't you supposed to be in class Mr?" Asked an older woman they assumed was a teacher.

"I'm 35. And I obviously don't go to school here. I'm just here to see my boyfriend...who's a teacher." They were so stressed out and determined; they don't even care if he's being rude.

"I apologize, "she says. Then a mischievous grin appeared on her face. "Are you Logan's boyfriend by chance?"

Virgil shifted awkwardly, "is he here?"

"I knew he was gay!" She says, almost excitedly. "He always gave me a vibe," she whispers.

Virgil just hummed; he didn't need to explain Logan's sexuality to this rando.

"He is down that hall to your left. Would you like me to walk you there?"

Virgil did his best not to roll his eyes and scoff. "I'm good. Thanks."

"Anytime."

Virgil was almost tempted to turn around and go straight home.

But they're already here. Might as well get it over with, right?

~~~ Virgil and Logan~~~

Once Virgil reached Logan's classroom, he expected to see him with students or grading papers but instead finds him talking with Janus

Perfect. That's so what he needed right now.

They didn't notice Virgil at first, so they knew they'd have to speak first. "Uh, Logan?"

"Virgil?" Logan asked. "What's going on? Are you alright?" Logan asked.

"I could...leave," Virgil says, obvious directed at Janus.

"I'll see you at home," Janus says, rolling xeir eyes before leaving.

Logan nods.

"You two really need to work things out," Logan says after a long pause. 

Virgil shrugged. Janus use to be one of Virgil's best friends, but since Virgil left, Xe hasn't answered any of Virgil's phone calls, texts, or even said more than three words (if any) to them when they're in the same room. And honestly, Virgil couldn't blame xem. He made them give up so much...

How could they possibly make up for that?

"So, what brings you here?" Logan leaned against his desk and gestured Virgil to start talking. His face kind yet mutual. No anger, no judgement.

Why was Logan so understanding? He went through none of what Virgil and Janus did. And Virgil ruined his life multiple times. He doesn't deserve this.

"Did you get my text?" Logan asked. "I apologize if I sounded too passionate. I was just concerned about you."

Virgil nodded, "Yeah, I got it. And I'm sorry I didn't answer you back. I promise I'm not mad and you didn't do anything wrong. I've just been..."

They didn't know how to say it now that he was here. Damn it, he knew he should've written it down first.

"Yes? "Logan asks.

"I'm really sorry I didn't text you back, I'm the worst, I-"

"Virgil," Logan stopped him, "It's alright. I am not upset with you. It's only been a few days."