Part 10

~~~Afterwards: ~~~

After that Remus, Emile, and Remy invited Elliott to stay with them, they had the extra room and the undeniable family dynamic, and though Elliott was hesitant at first, eventually they said yes, realizing that they truly did trust these weirdos.

They knew as well as anyone, they needed some trustworthy friends. They soon learned this little family came with more trustworthy friends. Everyone offered to help Elliott move in, including Patton and Roman. 

What did they ever do for them? Elliott never did anything.

Everyone came over to help with the move, first by packing everything up, bringing it to the car, and now into their new home. (Except Virgil who was painting Elliott's room. Insisting that red wasn't their color.)

~~~Elliott and Patton: ~~~

Elliott was done bringing a box inside, ready to grab more when they almost ran into Patton.

"Oops. Sorry, kiddo," Patton says, avoiding the potential disaster.

"Patton, hi." They say, slightly embarrassed.

"Hey, Elliott. How are you feeling?" They didn't really get to talk once Virgil and Patton showed up, since everyone was busy.  

Elliott nodded. "Better, thanks. And thanks for taking care of my and stuff," saying the second part softly so no one else could here. 

Patton's smile never left his face. "Of course, kiddo. That's what family is for."

"Family?" They ask.

"Sorry, friends. I'm used to calling everyone my family. Remy, Remus, Roman, Emile, and Virgil especially. They're the family I never had."

Elliott smiled sadly. "Well, you couldn't have pick a better one."

Patton nodded. "That's very true. And you know you're more than welcome to be part of that, if you want. You've kinda grown on us."

Elliott chuckled. "I'd like that."

"Great," Patton smiled back. "I'll just leave these here." He says setting boxes down in the living room with the rest.

"Thanks."

~~~Roman and Elliott~~~

As soon as Patton was out of sight, they see a different member of the group run to them.

 "Hey, Elliott." Roman called, pulling Elliott aside where no one would see them.

"Roman, hi." Elliott blushed; they were not expecting Roman to just grab their hand like that.

"A little housewarming gift," Roman said, handing Elliott a small gift bag. 

As Elliott opened it, Roman spoke: "I figured it would be better to wait till we were somewhat alone before giving this to you."

Elliott nodded; gift giving can be quite awkward, especially when other people are around.

 They pulled out a small stuffed animal. 

"It's a mink; You'd be surprised how hard they are to find."

Elliott smiled. "Thank you, Roman. This is really...cute."