8

Previously...

"The first curse... is about to be broken."

Continued...

Jungkook's POV 

'Jungkook' 

I opened my eyes, only to find myself standing in some place surrounded by darkness. 

It was quiet and eerie. 

Was this a dream? Although, I'm pretty sure I heard a voic-

'Jungkook'

There it was. 

Wow.. so soft. It sounded feminine.

I looked behind and gasped. 

"Ma

"Ma.." I unconsciously spoke out. 

I started walking slowly at first, but as if my body had taken over me, my pace fastened and I dashed to the beautiful lady sitting near the lotus whorl.

I had no idea when it started, but I was shedding tears and crying out loud calling my mother again and again, until finally I crashed into her welcoming arms and sobbed.

She cradled me with so much love and compassion, didn't complain as I cried my eyes out.

I embraced her just as she did to me, with care, affection and gentleness. 

After so long.. my wish had finally come true. 

My mother was here holding me, Ares, the most violent God of War, in her arms as I pathetically broke down.

She chuckled. "There, there." 

Soft fingers brushed against my locks, swaying them aside. 

The gentle movement continued as she whispered soothing words to me. 

I gripped her other arm. 

She slowly moved it a little, until our fingers were entwined together. 

Her palm looked so pale and fragile against mine, which was hard and rough. 

The reason why I loosened my grip, thinking I might hurt her.

I noticed soon enough, the blue lotus whorl had changed the colour and turned red with a twinge of white here and there. 

The little birdies as well changed their colour to dark red while some turned black-ish. 

The environment might have turned a little dangerous because of my exuding vicious aura but  mother wasn't affected the least bit. 

She smiled in return, "I see my Ares is still a little baby." She said, her soft hand patting my head.

I smiled in return, my face feeling a little icky because of the dried tears, "Only for you, ma."