Part Five

Kara grew to hate having a gun pointed at her. It happened quite often in a past regeneration – the one whose name she shared (except with a "C"). But she hated nothing more than someone pointing a gun at one of her friends, the one in this situation being Jessica. Kara could hear her whimpering behind her.

"It's gonna be okay, Lil' Queen," she reassured her little sister.

"Oh, I very much doubt it'll be, my beautiful sunflower." The voice Kara heard didn't come from either of the Luthors or even Otis.

Emerging from the shadows was a mortifying figure – a tall young man dressed in a custom-tailored purple suit that consisted of an elegant coat and pin-stripe pants kept up by suspenders rather than a belt. Underneath it, he wore a light grey jacket, a green vest, and a light grey patterned shirt.

            However, the most striking feature about him was the chalk-white makeup on his face, which consisted of dark face-paint that blackened the spaces around his leering brown eyes

However, the most striking feature about him was the chalk-white makeup on his face, which consisted of dark face-paint that blackened the spaces around his leering brown eyes. In addition to this, green hair-dye spread all over his unkempt, greasy hair, and a red slash of lipstick smeared all over a thin mouth with two gruesome scars lined at the corners, resembling a Glasgow Smile.

Unfortunately, he didn't come alone. He was accompanied by a gang of armed thugs and a pack of vicious Rottweilers.

"Erm, excuse me?" Earth-13 Luthor confronted the clown. "This area is restricted. We are conducting valuable research here. So, you and your goons must leave the premises immedia—!"

He was abruptly cut off once the clown aggressively grappled him, placing a knife in Earth-13 Luthor's mouth and pressing the blade against the inside of his left cheek. "You wanna know how I got these scars?" the clown asked, indicating those on his own face. "I'll tell ya how. One fine day, I was minding my own business, sitting at the bus stop and waiting for the bus to come. And then, out of the blue, this guy comes up to me with a switchblade, demanding money. I told him, 'I'm sorry, sir...but I only have enough for bus fare.' So, he makes a deal with me: a smile for your life.

So I give him the biggest, brightest smile my face could muster. But then the mugger tells me, 'That's not good enough!' He then hands his switchblade over to me and proceeds to hold me at gunpoint, telling me to put on a real, big smile...or else he'll kill me. So, not wanting to die in such an undignified way, I take the switchblade, put it to my mouth, and..."

SLICK!!

The clown's knife sliced through Earth-13 Luthor's cheek like butter, blood gushing out instantly. The eccentric young entrepreneur dropped dead to the grated floor to the horror of Otis, Kara, and even Jessica and the disappointment of the surviving Luthor. "There goes the perfect business acquisition," he dismissively uttered.

"Now then," the clown said, cleaning the blood off his knife and surveying the four remaining victims in front of him. "Who's next?" He glanced towards the terrified Jessica, whose tear-drenched face was buried into the fabric of Kara's hoodie hanging at her hip. "How about you, sweetheart? Care for a cut?"