(short story) Y/n and Filo

The group was running low on cash Naofumi, Raphtalia, and Amaya left to sell of any extra or uneeded items leaving you and filo alone to watch camp.

Filo: Uncle im bored.

Y/n: same im kinda upset that we're on guard duty.

Filo: I wanna do something.

Y/n: Like what.

Filo:😊

Time skip

Filo was running down a path with you holding on for dear life.

Y/n: FILO SLOW DOWN!!!

Filo: Don't worry uncle were almost there!

as she says that you stop infront of a big cave.

Y/n: whats this about?

Filo: while we were waiting I overheard that there's a cave that has a very unique ore that can increase magic proficiency!

Y/n: so this is it?

Filo: Yup if we can get that ore maybe we can make it into something for auntie.

Y/n: Wow for someone who hates dragons you seem to like Amaya a lot.

Filo: That's because she helped master, and Raphtalia raise me also she's alot nicer than other dragon's.

Y/n: yeah I guess that makes sense. Okay let's go in get the ore and get out before it gets late.

Filo: Okay!

You and filo traveled though the cave obviously careful of monsters and keeping an eye out for the ore.

Y/n: any luck on the ore Filo?

Filo:.....no.....

You noticed the disappointed tone in her voice so you walked over to her and pat her head.

Y/n: hey cheer up buddy we still got some cave left to explore. It's not over til it's over got it?

Filo: *smiles* yeah!

Y/n: cool now let's go.

You both continue deeper into the cave until you come across a strong looking monster.

Y/n: okay that's gotta be guarding something.

Filo: Let's go Uncle!

You nodded as you ran towards it taking aim with your gun and shooting at it with your gun. Stunning it a bit before you moved in with your red Queen intent on slashing it in half. But as you swung your sword it quickly faded into smoke.

It reappeared behind Filo but she dodged its strike at the last minute allowing you to shoot it again before fading away.

Y/n: so that's your edge...Filo get ready!

Filo: yeah! I see the pattern as well!

the moment the enemy appeared right behind you ready to slash at you. Filo quickly sent it flying with a powerful kick sending it into a wall it was about to fade away again but you quickly stabbed it in the chest with red Queen killing it properly as it's corpse began to sink into the darkness....

Y/n: well that was something....

Filo: I did good right uncle?

Y/n: Always you never disappoint Filo good job.

You patted her head.

File: Teehee

You both look around the area and find the ore.

Y/n: yup this is it the ore we were looking for

Filo: Yay we found it!

Y/n: I'll ask Naofumi for a commission later on.

Filo: But what if he finds out?

Y/n: don't worry it'll be our little secret. It'll be a better surprise for her that way.

Filo: okay then now let's go back before the others notice we're gone.

Y/n: yeah I don't know how long our failsafe is gonna last.

Back at the town

Naofumi: are you sure Y/n wanted this

He said this looking down at some fruit that griffon made him buy.

Raphtalia: we kinda had to go out of our way to get it almost no store was selling it

Amaya: it almost took us all day to find it.

Griffon: trust me he loves the stuff.(he sent me out here to distract you all might as well put you on a wild goose chase....)

Naofumi: Regardless we have it now all that's left is to bring it back to camp for him.

Raphtalia: hopefully Filo hasn't been to much of a handful for him.

Shortly after the group made it back from the camp to see you sleeping against Flio in bird form.

Naofumi: huh guess he had it handled.

Amaya:*Yawns* guess we'll follow their lead.

Naofumi and Raphtalia agreed as they walked towards the wagon to get some firewood and supplies for the night meanwhile behind their backs you and filo were awake the whole time winked at each other before continuing to "sleep"