Chapter 2: Queen Lumi

"What kind of animals ar-"

Y/N & Vera: "AHHHH!"

???: "EEEEKKK!" The odd humanoid creature scurries back behind the tree she came from, as she balls herself up and starts to shiver. "I-I'm s-s-sorry i-if I came o-off a-as aggressive! Just p-please! Don't h-hurt me!" The creature pleads in a timid and innocent voice.

Vera almost instantly feels bad as she looks at Y/N, who shrugs at her.

Vera: "W-We didn't mean to scare you! You just kind of caught us off guard, that's all..." Vera says as she slowly approaches the humanoid.

The creature deliberately peers her head out from behind the tree, as she simultaneously stands up.

Y/N: "Yeah, um... What the hell are you and how do you speak English?" Y/N straightforwardly asks while standing next to Vera.

Vera elbows him in the ribcage, prompting him to slightly wince.

"...Uh... I-I'm Mother Lumi, Queen of the Lepids, and I've been s-speaking like this m-my whole life."

Y/N's face is struck with awe, his jaw hitting the floor and his eyes as broad as balloons.

Vera: "I'm sorry, did you say Queen?"

The creature nods.

Y/N: "...You also said, "Lepids," is that short for Lepidoptera?"

The Lepidopteran creature nods.

"So... You must be a moth? And that caterpillar you're holding, I'm assuming it was a baby moth, also known as a larva." The moth nods once again.

Y/N's face seems to have stopped working, as his eyes twitch.

Lumi: "Um, is he okay?"

Vera: "Yep, this happens to him when he overthinks." Both Vera and Lumi focus on Y/N as he's seen gripping his H/C hair violently and mumbling to himself. "Totally normal... That's Y/N by the way, and I'm Vera."

Vera tilts her head in confusion.

Vera: "Wait a minute... You can see us? I thought moths had terrible vision."

Lumi shakes her head in agreement. "No, you're right, we do. I can just barely make out your guy's features... What kind of animals are you guys anyway? You don't look like you're from any of the biomes."

Vera: "Oh... We're humans."

Lumi: "W-What?!" The Queen states in surprise.

Y/N facepalms. "You just told the enemy what we were!"

Vera rolls her eyes. "You were the one twitching back there like a Five Nights at Freddy's animatronic, I just said what came to mind."

Lumi: "E-Enemy? No, we're not enemies... I just thought all humans went extinct... At least that's what Empress Bamis told us."

Y/N: "Wait, what?"

Lumi slowly walks up to Y/N and Vera, as she gets very close to their faces.

She was extremely short, maybe about 4'11, so Y/N and Vera lowered themselves to be on her level, knowing her eyesight wasn't the best.

Lumi gasps.