Chapter 8: Elf Village

*A few days later*

Y/N: "How long has it been..." Y/N had groaned. It had been an awful amount of days since they left the "insects" to themselves after entirely rebuilding their kingdom from the ground up.

Staying there for two months only to leave due to Y/N and Vera's aspirations wasn't the easiest decision either, but it had to be done.

Hey, maybe they'll revisit them someday.

Vera: "Holy fuck, I'm tired."

She would go on to lean against a boulder that was conveniently placed there, the sweat beads dripping from her head. She had ripped certain parts of her shirt to allow more flexibility and more breathing room on their journey.

The last time the two had managed to sit down properly and take a break, was roughly a couple of days ago as well. Due to Vera's underlying tenacity (which directly clashed with Y/N's pure laziness), they managed to walk a great distance without needing a break at all.

Even if it came along with Y/N's numerous outbursts, complaints, and whines.

Y/N fell on his knees, coughing several times before managing to get back up. The fatigue and exhaustion were starting to hit him now. Oh, how it was a bad idea to walk so much without proper breaks in between...

Y/N: "We should take a break. But noooo, Vera insisted."

The Human Prophet attempted to walk a few more steps, but ultimately landed on his back, panting. There was no way he could continue, well, Vera maybe.

She's quite the human.

But even now, it looked like Vera couldn't keep up with the constant walking as well.

In the objective to find more humans like them, they had become quite unsuccessful. Not even able to see or find the documents of one.

Of course, human remains and traces still reside (and what's left of it anyway), but still no luck.

Y/N thought the journey would be hard, but not this hard.

With that being said, they were already on a mountain. Thanks to Y/N's great and awesome treasuring skills, he was able to find a map or more of a location of something important.

Y/N: "...so much for this map showing us the way to Elf Dorado, it is at least hundreds of years old by now..." He had said, holding the map scrunched up in his right hand.

Vera: "I can't believe they named the place...Elf Dorado. Seems made up." She added in, fully sitting down now against the boulder she had once landed against.

Y/N opened up the map a bit more, studying it. If anything, they should be right there. It didn't make any sense...

The map was designed in mind for elves to use. Therefore the foreign language was put down for only elves. Y/N doesn't have a Ph.D. in it for sure...but with a few brain cells and common sense, he was able to slightly put together what they were writing down.

And with that, it leads them here. So, if by chance the elves lied and this "Elf Dorado" doesn't exist, then the elves might've perished a long time ago...way before Y/N and Vera came into the picture.