Untitled Part 1

Navin Patel grew up in a family where tradition was everything.

He was expected to marry a nice Indian girl and live the life his parents wanted but once he came out that didn't happen.

Normally you would expect his parents to be mad but they weren't because one they are a little modern and two most of his older siblings are married to other Indians or people of a similar region of Asian granted his younger siblings have married no Asian people.

But Navin ended up with someone else.

Avery Song isn't like most of the Korean guys in his family.

He's fem presenting but that hasn't stopped him from living his life.

He was expect to marry a Asian woman according to his paternal grandparents.

But his parents are less traditional in that sense all that matter was that he was happy and that he had some Korean traditions in his wedding.

Avery and Navin have been dating for four years but haven't met the family yet.

Navin has only met Avery sister May.

Now Avery was going to meet his boyfriend's family.

Navin isn't the best at cooking because his parents never taught him how to so now all he knows how to cook is steak, chicken, noodles and eggs but the meal was traditional Indian food.

Avery knows how to cook Indian food properly.

Which he did.

Everyone would be wearing red because Navin's grandmother wanted everyone to.

Avery has a lot of red clothing.

During dinner.

Avery wanted Navin's family to like him.

"So Navin went will you meet a nice Indian girl to marry ."Said Samira(the grandmother)

"I happy with Avery" Said Navin.

Avery tried to change the subject.

He changed it to soccer, something he knows that Navin's family likes and he also likes.

Navin's not into sports but Avery is.

Navin gave him a look like good save.

The topic of weddings came about.

Navin and Avery didn't know what to say.

Navin wanted to say something but he hasn't asked Avery yet nor has Navin been asked .

The topic of having a traditional or somewhat traditional wedding was a must.

"You will have three weddings, one Indian, one Korean and American." Said Samira

Navin and Avery wanted to say something but once Samira says something you don't question it.

When Avery's birthday rolled around he got proposed too.

He said yes because Navin wanted to marry him.

A few days later.

Anjali was out with her friends when they mentioned about her brother's engagement 

"I see that your brother Navin is now getting married." Said Malia 

"I wonder what lucky girl he's marrying." Said Sanjana 

"I found out from Mrs. Narang the lady who lives near Anjali's grandmother that his fiancé named is Avery and she's Korean." Said Divya 

"He must like paler Asian girls." "Said Kat(she's Cambodian and Indian American ) 

"Avery is a boy." Said Anjali

Her friends all gasped.

"So Avery is a boy." Said Divya

"Yes he is he and my brother have been together for four years they met at a Luna's new year party a mutual friend had." Said Anjali

"Too bad a handsome guy like him is taken." "Said Maya.

"Ew don't talk about my brother like that and two you wouldn't have a chance with him he's gay." "Said Anjali.

"Well now we need to learn anything about Avery since he will be part of your family what do you know about him." Said Divya.

"He likes music, he likes to wear gender nonconforming clothes , he owns a guitar, he has six siblings and knows how to make Indian dishes. "Said Anjali.

She only knew some stuff.

"He knows how to cook, your brother is lucky, my sister Nikhila complains about her husband expecting her to do all the cooking but she should of gotten a maid, her husband is rich and she can afford one."  Said Sanjana.

"My brother can't cook at all, I'm lucky that my boyfriend knows how to cook. "Said Anjali.