21 - Skating

At around six o'clock, you heard knocking on your door and Maki walked in. She was wearing a big emerald green coat and had an angry expression on her face. You had to admit, it was weird to see her without her glasses...

Her glasses!

"Y/n, please tell me you grabbed my glasses from the mission?" She demanded.

"Uh..."

Her expression's terrifying.

"I think... Gojo-sensei has them..." You lied to save yourself from her.

"Wrong answer!" She yelled, slamming her staff onto the floor. She brought her staff with her!?

"I already asked him!" She continued.

"Well... what did he say...?"

"He said someone else must've taken them!"

"I didn't see them..."

"You didn't bother to look!?"

"Cut me some slack, Maki-senpai," You whined, "I had wounds all over me and I'd just saved you!"

Maki sighed. "True. I'll go ask Megumi, then. By the way, you should get changed into something warmer, Gojo's dragging us to the snow festival."

"Ok," You replied as she shut the door. Once you were changed, fixed your hair and put some shoes on, you headed out to see Gojo, Panda and Toge waiting in the corridor. 

"Kelp," Toge greeted you.

"Heya, L/n-san," Gojo said, "Ready to go ice skating with your boyfriend?"

"Please stop, sensei," You replied exasperatedly.

"Huh? But why'd you guys almost kiss, then?"

How the fuck did he know?  Panda and Toge were looking at you, eyebrows raised, which made you want to go back in your room and hide in your bed. Your head was hot with embarrassment.

"We– we did not!" You defended.

"But you almost did."

"No...?"

"I saw it with my six eyes technique," He answered, grinning.

That motherfu–

Your head turned sharply to Megumi's door when you heard it open, and he walked out with Maki, rubbing his head where Maki had hit it with her staff. He was wearing an unzipped navy ski jacket with a white shirt and black pants. His eyes fell on you for a brief moment before he looked away quickly.

Panda looked at him with a smirk and he asked, "What are you smiling like that for?"

"Don't worry about it," He replied.

–––––

Light snow fell around you, frosting your hair and clothes. Lights adorned leafless trees, hanging from one to the other, lighting your path. Surrounding the path were large, detailed sculptures made entirely out of snow.

Ahead of you were Maki, Gojo and Toge, who talked and laughed as they made their way to the ice rink. Panda wasn't there; he had to stay back at the hotel since strangers would be concerned why a panda was walking on two legs around town. You followed behind the three, too busy admiring the sculptures.

Megumi walked next to you, also looking at sculptures, but you could tell he was trying to distract himself. He looked stiff and kept his head turned away from you towards the sculptures.

Maybe things wouldn't be so awkward if I kissed him earlier.

"Tuna tuna!" Toge said, pointing to the rink as he spotted it up ahead. The five of you made your way to it and Gojo paid for tickets for everyone. You sat down next to Maki and put your ice skates on.