𝘼 𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙏𝙊𝙍

Babe. He called her babe. She just ran up to him and completely forgot I existed. My heart sank watching them look at each with concern. Clint and I glanced at each other as Kate and the random guy gave each other a tight hug. The guy cupped her face and gave her a quick peck on the lips which felt like it lasted for centuries. My felt like it just shattered into a million pieces. Kate looked at him lovingly. That look in her eyes...

"Y/N? Y/N?" A muffled voice asks me snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hmm?"
I hum in response. "I asked you if you were excited." Clint says. "Yeah. Of course." I say wearing a fake smile. Clint nods and goes back to driving. I continue staring out the window gazing at the snowy scenery. All I feel is numbness like a pit inside me. Its funny how things change so fast. I notice a reflection of Kate on my window. She's glancing at me in remorse. Whats the point of that face now?

The car comes to a stop. "You sure its ok?" Kate asks Clint awkwardly. "Yeah come on they're gonna love you." Clint steps out of the car grabbing the luggage from the boot. I step out of the car following his lead up the stairs to his house. "DADDY!" Nathaniel shout hugging Clint tightly. "Y/N! Youre here also!" He exclaims. "With presents might I add." I say giving him a present I was hiding behind my back. He squeals and clings onto my leg thanking me profusely. I waddle inside the house with Nathaniel still clinging onto my leg.

"Let me introduce you to Kate." Clint slings his hand around Kate's shoulder making sure she's comfortable. She waves sheepishly at the kids. "Hi Kate." Laura pulls her in for a hug. "I'm Laura." We gather at the dinner table shortly after. "This is amazing Laura." Kate complements her. "Y/N? You ok? You barely touched your food." Laura asks me in concern. "Hmm? Yeah im just not that hungry. But it is amazing." I reply poking the chicken with my fork.

"Y/N come here play with me!" Nathaniel drags me with him. I sit down on the floor with him. I notice Kate trying to lock eyes with me but I avoid her eyes. "Y/N. Kate. Join me for awhile?" Clint requests opening the backdoor. I excuse myself from Nathaniel and join Clint outside.  He better have a good reason for this,Its freezing. I take a place beside Clint who's standing with Kate. He has his Ronin suit on his grill. "About time you destroyed it." I mutter to him. "Wanna do the honours?" He hands me the petrol. I pour a good amount over the suit before Kate sets it on fire. "Clint, can you come here?" Laura shouts from the kitchen. Clint makes his way there leaving Kate and I alone.

"I assume you want an explanation..." Kate states. Yeah no shit. "Well, that guy he's my boyfriend. We've been together for 2 years and he wanted to move away from New york to purse his dream...so I guess we're in a long distance relationship." I raise my eyebrow asking her to go on. "I guess I- I was..." "Confused? So you had to use the first person who gave you the slightest attention after a long time..." I sigh interrupting her. "Y/N..." "No its fine Im a dumbass. I just thought that... its doesn't matter anyway. I should have known better." I lean against a tree. "We are probably better off as friends since we are going to see each other more often." I explain to her. "Wanna start over?" I ask extending my hand. She ponders for a moment before shaking it and accepting the friendship.

Kate and I hop in my car after saying our goodbyes to Clint and his family. "How much longer is this going to take?" Kate whines resting her head against the window. "God you are such a kid." I snicker. "Why? Are you nervous?" I ask. "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? Im going to meet some of the Avengers." "Just relax. You'll be fine." I comfort her. I offered her to stay at the compound since she didn't really have a place to stay. She was hesitant at first but accepted my offer. "Wait. Who's coming to your Christmas dinner thing?" Kate inquires. "Just some friends. Relax I'll introduce everyone to you." I say pulling up in the HQ driveway. I decided to host a Christmas dinner this year since I missed some of them and what better way to introduce Kate to them?

I park my car and help Kate with her bags. I kick the door open as my hands are full.
"Y/N!" Sam shouts in excitement. "Hey!" He takes the bags and gives me a hug. "I missed you." I tell him pulling away from the hug. "Me too spidey." He replies. My eyes scans the room for a certain super soldier. "Looking for someone?" I snap my head to my right. "Buck!" I run up to him giving him a big hug. Bucky and Sam are like my best friends and I sure did miss them a lot. "And who's that there?" Sam asks. "Gentlemen, this is Kate Bishop and she's going to be staying here for some time." I introduce Kate to them. As I expected, they give her a warm welcome.

 As I expected, they give her a warm welcome

"Alright. This is your new room. Enjoy." I say dropping her bags on her bedroom floor. "Its amazing." She spins and plops on the bed. "Yeah. Get used to it." I tell her walking over to the door. "Im going to check up on Bucky and Sam. You can go explore the place but just don't break anything." I warn her before leaving her room. "Buck. Sam. You better tell me everything." I have been waiting to catch up with them and I finally got the time.

"Really?" I ask them scoffing. "Oh what you don't believe us?" Sam retorts. I lean on Bucky's shoulder as I continue taunting Sam. I receive a incoming call coming from Kate. "Y/N, I think I'm lost." She says sheepishly. "Really? Urghhhh I'm coming." I groan hanging up the phone. "FRIDAY find Kate bishop." I follow FRIDAY's directions and find her in another living area. "There you are. I-" She suddenly start floating. What the fuck. "Y/N?!" She cries out. I web her as many times as I can dragging her down. She abruptly stops floating and drops. "Who are you?" A familiar voice asks.  A shadowy figure from the doorway approaches us. "Get behind me." I instruct Kate. "Y/N?" The figures asks before stepping into the light. My body freezes upon recognising the figure. "Wanda?"

She came... We stood there in silence until Bucky and Sam barges into the room worried. "Oh shit. This is awkward..." Sam whispers out.

A/N~~~ thank you for reading

A/N~~~ thank you for reading. I'll try to update another chapter tmr. School's really tiring. Thank you guys for being patient❤😤