two

as eris walked through the forest she could feel the buzz of energy through her fingers. the afternoon sun made it bearable to walk through the thick amazon. she came to a halt as she heard voices in spanish. she could see through the thick trees a couple of huts.

"oh my god what if they're cannibals." she mumbled to herself in thought catching the attention of one of the members.

"hey!" a man's voice called out to her and she entered the cleared out path.

"hello. i'm not here to hurt you i'm here for your...leader?" the last word came out as a question and the spanish language rolled off her tongue with ease. the men looked at each other and gestured for her to follow. they led her to a small building that resembled a barn.

"good luck." the man to her left mumbled leaving her a little confused. as if on cue a man in a robe walked out with a grin on his face. eris couldn't deny that he was attractive as he got closer. he got so close she had to look up to make eye contact.

"the beautiful white serpent." her nickname rolled off his tongue making her thickly gulp. "what brings you to the amazon?"

"i was here for pleasure and heard about your little cult." she said never breaking eye contact letting him know he was not intimidating her. druig was intrigued as to what brought an avenger to his village.

"come." he quipped and turned on his heels heading back to the building he came from. eris took long strides to keep up with his pace and entered as he held the door open for her.
he trailed behind her and she could nearly feel his body heat.

"so why are you really here?" druig asked as he leaned against the table looking at her small figure seated on the bench.

"what's your name?"

"i asked first little one." he chuckled and eris couldn't help but smile at his laugh.

"it's a long story." she admitted and druig nodded his head which she took as a sign to continue.

"eyes up stay sharp." steve called out to the team and eris pushed herself off the ground with any energy she could muster after fighting off the aliens. out of the corner of her eyes she could see her friends losing to thanos.

"thanos!" she called out catching his attention.

"no." bucky yelled but thanos knocked him to the ground.

"eris." her name coming from his mouth took her by surprise.

"how do you know that?" eris hoped questioning him would distract him from wanda and vision.

"i knew you long ago on titan. an eternal." before she couldn't ask what the hell an eternal was he grabbed her by the throat causing her to gasp for air. before she could stop breathing he slammed her into the ground. eris could barely feel her body and her sight was blurry.

"eris! hey hey i'm here." bucky crawled across the ground grabbing her hand. even though he was only a foot away he sounded distant.

"don't leave me, please." he cried out squeezing her hand even tighter. a tingling sensation started on her toes and slowly up her legs. maybe this is death? she thought.

buckys hand slipped from hers and he stared in amazement as her body was engulfed in gold mist. a surge of energy bursted through eris as she landed back on the ground. she popped up looking around in confusion and locked eyes with thanos who shared the same expression.

"well you're an eternal." druig stated causing eris to roll her eyes.

"no shit 'man i still don't know the name of'." sarcasm poured out of her mouth making him grin.

"druig."

"well druig do you have any other conclusions?" she stood up walking in front of him. his eyes never left hers like he was trying to read her. his stare made her nervous which never happened. eris was known among the avengers as cold and distant with nothing that intimidated her. but druig was cracking her.

"well i didn't expect eris truman to be so short." he mumbled causing her to roll eyes.

"how do you know about me? does your cult have television?" she snapped but slowly stepped back as druig pushed himself off the table. he was now only inches away from her.

"you're a goddess from olympia. the question is how did you get here?" his voice was low and his question caused her to shrug. his eyes glanced up from hers to the door while glowing gold. eris couldn't help her face scrunch up in confusion as she wondered what his power actually was.

"you need to leave." he mumbled as he glanced back down to her. "unless you want to join the cult."

"but it's dark." she protested as he took a step around her.

"what scared of the dark?" he joked with his back still to her but froze only a couple feet away from her. he spun on his feet to see the embarrassment on eris face.

"when hydra kept me captive...when i wasn't frozen... they kept me in a pitch black cell. no window. no light. nothing." eris said with a small voice being scared to share such a dark secret with a stranger. his face softened and he glanced to the ground. with a deep sigh he opened the door.

"come then."