eleven

after waiting for phastos to get the domo to fly the eternals finally left the small island. eris did whatever she could to help which meant she had to use her powers to lift the domo to level it. eris felt completely drained and they encouraged her to rest in the domo with druig.

"have you ever thought about being human?" eris asked druig as they slowly made there way down the hall. he looked back at her with a slight frown but shook his head.

"not really, what has sprite becoming human get into that cute little head of yours?" he joked getting a giggle out of eris. he reached back to grab her hand which she gladly gave him.

"maybe. i just never thought about me on the brink of death triggering my eternal side mean i won't age now." eris explained swinging there hands back and forth.

"you never aged before?" druig asked opening his bedroom door for eris.

"yeah because i was frozen for decades." she mumbled back as she entered his room. she grinned looking around at what druig had left behind. the room had dark decor and had reading nooks with blankets and books still thrown around. a big window sat behind the bed giving them a view of the ocean they sat adjacent to.

"so makkari told me my little eris caused a lot of chaos out there." druig said wrapping his arms around eris from behind.

"of course i did, i thought he killed you." she said as if it was obvious. she turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. "druig."

"hmm?" he hummed looking down at her with a sheepish grin.

"can i kiss you?" she whispered causing his smile to widen.

"of course." he said leaning down to meet eris in the middle. once there lips touched druig hummed like a sigh of relief knowing that he could spend an eternity with her. eris couldn't help the warmth that rose to her cheeks as druig continued the kiss. she was content and could have stayed like this forever, with his arm wrapped around her and a soft palm on her cheek.

"hey we're going to- OH MY GOD!" phastos's voice startled them causing them to pull apart. druig gave him a pointed look while eris couldn't control her giggle fit.

"yes phastos?" druig asked obviously annoyed that he had interrupted the moment. phastos looked back and forth flustered trying to create a sentence.

"we are dropping sersi and sprite off in london. so we are leaving now." he stated at the speed of light causing eris to giggle again.

"thank you phastos, we will come to say our goodbyes soon." druig said amused at both phastos awkwardness and eris's constant giggle. phastos nodded and closed the door leaving the two in silence again.

the both shared a glance and bursted into a laughing frenzy.

"the look on his face." druig puffed out through laughter and eris nodded in agreement.

"i guess we should say our goodbyes." eris sighed once she had finished laughing. druig nodded in agreement and gave eris a tap on the butt as she walked away. this caused her to scold him which he couldn't help but grin at. once they made there way to the lab with everyone else eris couldn't help the glare that she was unknowingly giving sprite.

"be nice." druig whispered in her ear causing her to quickly change her expression into a smile.

"i'll miss you." sersi said to eris as she pulled her into a hug. "you're welcome to come visit me anytime because i quite like you."

"i'll miss you too sersi and i definitely will." eris said poking sersi's shoulder which provoked a smile. eris turned to sprite who looked up at her with a frown.

"i'm sorry." sprite said with a look on her face that made eris feel bad for her, slightly.

"you followed your heart just like everyone else did, but sometimes your heart jumps ahead of your brain." eris shrugged letting sprite know that she got where she was coming from.

"so you're an eternal." sprite grinned. "welcome to the club."

eris snorted and pulled sprite into a short hug. she mumbled a small thanks and soon enough they had arrived.

"well i'll be damned, you guys did it!" kingos voice caught there attention making them smile.

"we're all good right?" phastos asked unsure of where he stood with his fellow eternal.

"of course man!" kingo said and pulled him into a hug. "hello you two."

kingo smiled at eris and druig who where wrapped in each other's embrace.

"hi kingo." eris said from druigs chest but was quickly pulled apart and brought against kingos instead.

"i'm very happy for you two." kingo whispered to eris but druig quickly walked toward the two upset.

"okay watch the hands kingo." druig warned causing them to all laugh. soon sersi and sprite left with kingo leaving the five eternals on the ship.

"so?" eris asked jumping onto the table and crossing her legs. "where to?"

"what about ajaks place? it's secluded and i can fully fix the domo there." phastos suggested and everyone agreed. once they arrived in south dakota they all found a bed inside to sleep in.

"post battle sleeps are the best." eris said pulling a large shirt over her wet head from her shower. when eris complained about not having clothes makkari sped away and came back with a large pile of clothes for everyone that she had "borrowed".

"i can't argue with that." druig agreed already pulling the covers over his half naked body.
eris joined on the opposite side of the bed looking right at him.

"i have a question." eris nodded encouraging him to go on. "do you miss james?"

eris couldn't help the sigh that left her chest.

"i guess but not in a relationship way. there's a difference between loving someone as a best friend and also loving them romantically. i think bucky and i mistook our love for the romantic kind. especially with everyone around us encouraging us because they assumed that since we went through the same stuff we would get each other perfectly. but i think over time we both changed. i don't think it was never romantically but life started to happen and i realized i wanted to live mine differently. i mean steve got his happy ending and when he left i felt like i owed it to bucky to stay with him. but he's a big boy and can be on his own. we didn't get to have a normal relationship until after thanos and at that point we had been together long enough we just assumed it would work out but something about it was just not right." eris felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders as she explained their relationship to druig. she knew it must have been in the back of his mind but the wound was still fresh and he didn't want to mess with it.

"if you ever need to talk about him more, i'll listen." he whispered to her as he placed a hand over hers. she smiled and stretched her body out to kiss his forehead.

"goodnight druig."

"goodnight beautiful."