four

it had been nearly two weeks since eris arrived. during the day she would help around with any small tasks she could and in the afternoon hang around druig. even though she had only been there for two weeks she felt like she's known him for centuries. he made an effort to always touch her in the smallest way. whether it being holding her hand or playing with her hair on her back as they talked to villagers. she could tell it comforted him but it did the same for her.

"good morning beautiful." druigs morning voice caught eris off guard.

"morning." eris set down her tea and wrapped her arms around herself. he walked past her to grab a cup of water and in the process brushed against her. the kitchen was small and had boxes of twinkies and cakes thrown around. eris spun on her feet to ask him about how he downs so many twinkie's to find him already staring down at her.

"do you want to come into town with me?" druig asked but eris was distracted by how exhausted he looked. she couldn't help as her hand raised up to his cheek. he leaned into her hand with a deep sigh.

"are you ok?" she asked and the fact that she even asked nearly made him collapse into her arms. but instead he just shut his eyes and leaned his forehead against hers. she smiled and gently closed her eyes just appreciating the small gesture.

"thanks to you." he mumbled and his response made her cheeks grow red.

"i'll go to town with you." she said changing the subject getting flustered with the affection. he grinned as he backed up and pushed a stand of hair behind her ear.

"lets go then."

their stroll through the forest was quiet but it wasn't uncomfortable. when they got into town main street was busy with markets and tourists. these type of situations usually gave eris anxiety with the thought of threats around every corner. druig must have noticed and reached back to sightly squeeze her hand. the small gesture relaxed her as she followed him around to different vendors.

"hey, i was wondering if..." druig started as he stopped in front of eris only a few inches away. she smiled up at him waiting for him to finish his sentence. when she noticed he stopped and was staring at something behind her the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. she slowly turned her head to see bucky.

"oh god." she whispered seeing the look on his face. he didn't look like bucky but instead the winter soldier.

"can you wait for me?" she turned back to druig to ask. his eyes never left buckys and he slightly smirked.

"of course beautiful." he replied trying to get a reaction out of the man staring him down. druig knew he wouldn't fight him, he could, but he's a thinker not a fighter. he also knew that this was a fight that easily could be won by eris. he watched her small frame walk away from him and over to the brooding man a few yards away.

"quite the haircut on you new beau." bucky stated causing eris to scoff. she glanced back to druig to make sure he hadn't abandoned her and she caught the eyebrow raise he gave them. she wasn't sure if it was in challenge or a playful acknowledgment but it managed to piss bucky off. she quickly caught his chest and pushed him back.

"what do you want buck?" she asked impatiently ready to be safe next to druig again. he glared down to her and scoffed.

"you run off to the middle of nowhere with a random man and you don't expect us to be concerned?" he exclaimed flung his metal arm up in the air. eris couldn't help but grin at his slip up.

"hi sammy." she quipped making buckys expression drop.

"hey babycakes." she heard him call back through buckys earpiece with her heightened hearing.

"listen. if you came back here because you really wanted me back you would come on your own. not treat me like a damn mission. i told you why we're done james. you treated our relationship like one big mission and someone to listen to your sob stories. guess what? i went through the same exact things you did! i wanted a damn boyfriend but you wanted a therapist." she snapped on the verge of tears. she heard sam let out a 'oh damn' causing her to roll her eyes.

"then i guess we were both disappointed, huh?" james retorted while shaking his head.

"take you and your winged side bitch back north and give me space. please." she pleaded and turned on her heals. she felt his metal hand graze her arm but sighed as she ran into a strong chest.

"i don't think we've met. druig." he said smugly while holding eris in his chest.

"fuck off." with those last words bucky turned away and left. druig continued to hold eris in his chest as she sniffled.

"sorry." she mumbled backing away from him causing him to frown.

"don't apologize. let's go back."

bucky watched them walk away hand in hand. he waited to see if eris would turn around like she usually did. but when she didn't he realized she really must have changed.