twelve

"pizzas ready!" eris yelled out to everyone turning to see druig was already halfway into the kitchen rubbing his hands together.

"looks yummy baby." druig looked down to eris with a smile across his face as he grabbed a plate.

"as yummy as frozen pizza can be." she joked as everyone else came into the kitchen.

"what do you say to eris?" phastos asked jack as he gave him a slice of cheese pizza.

"thank you eris." he said smiling up to her. she rubbed his back and returned the smile.

"of course." eris replied grabbing herself a plate. jack quickly finished and asked if he could go play to which phastos agreed but not without a set of rules. they all sat on the small couches to watch the tv. eris was squeezed between phastos and druig while makkari sat in front of her leaning against her legs. ben sat on the recliner and watched as the news flashed on showing the celestial that sersi had turned to stone. he slowly turned around to look at his husband.

"you guys did that?" he asked which made eris freeze and look over to phastos.

"i love you so much." he said with a mouthful of pizza completely ignoring the question. ben whipped his head back to the tv in disbelief realizing they had in fact done that.

suddenly phatsos handed eris his plate and jumped off the couch.

"um can you just... one second." he stuttered nearly running to the kitchen. druig and eris watched as phastos scolded thena for showing jack her powers. eris got up behind makkari following her into the kitchen.

"the kid is ten... not stupid." makkari signed making eris giggle. she set the plates in her hands down in the sink and looked up to thena with a grin.

"when are you guys leaving? when is that happening? that's happening soon, right?" phastos asked obviously getting fed up with the sarcastic remarks. druig walked into the kitchen grinning at phastos ready to annoy him more.

"ah yes, there's druig." phastos said to jack watching him walk by eris patting her butt. he pointed to the couple and leaned down to his son. "don't go anywhere near them."

eris gave phastos a sarcastic frown as she grabbed her jacket off the table. makkari had given her flared leggings and a fitted black long sleeve that eris had covered with a large graphic tee. she followed thena out to the domo but told her to go ahead so she could say bye to phatsos.

"ok that's far enough jack." phastos warned jack as they reached where eris had waited.

"wow dad, the domo's so cool." jack exclaimed with wide eyes. eris grinned at his excitement realizing jack had never really seen anything that his dad had done.

"your dad fixed that with his bear hands." phatsos explained.

"can we go to space too one day?" jack asked with a big grin on his face still watching the domo.

"let's wait until you get your learners permit, okay?" phastos joked trying to change the subject.

"hey phatsos." druig said walking up to phastos and eris's side. "take care, this world is lucky to have you."

"thank you." phatsos said putting his hand out to shake druigs hand. "i know you're not a hugger so."

druig grabbed phatsos and shook it but suddenly pulled him in taking him by surprise. the exchange made makkari and eris to look at each other with grins on there faces. eris nodded her head towards the domo gesturing for makkari to come stand with them.

"do you think when we find the other eternals out there that they'll accept the truth the way that we did?" druig asked the two girls while also signing. makkari confidently nodded her head to druigs question.

"because the truth will set them free." she signed back making eris and druig smile. makkari wrapped an arm around eris and she did the same.

"hey phatsos." eris said catching his attention. "thank you."

"for what?" phatsos asked making his face scrunch in confusion.

"giving me a chance." eris smiled and phatsos walked over to her to give her a hug.

"of course." he whispered in her ear making her softly smile and pat his back. druig pulled eris into his side and rubbed her hip making her softly smile at him. she nodded letting him know she was ready to go.

"goodbye guys." eris waved while walking towards the domo. jack waved back with a big toothy grin making eris's heart swell.

"cute kid." druig mumbled grabbing eris's hand while they made they're way to the ship.
"we should have some."

"um i thought eternals couldn't?" eris asked looking up to him.

"well we have forever to try." drug joked with a big grin across his face.

"ew druig." she groaned while slapping his chest as he laughed.

"unfortunately i picked up on that." makkari turned around to sign. eris shook her head and signed back 'sorry'.