Chapter-56

CHASE
...
ʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʟᴏᴠᴇ's ғᴏʀ sʜᴏᴡ
ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅɪᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ɪɴ sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ
..

"Can you direct me to the section where I could find binoculars?" I asked her. Celeste wants binoculars. Stupid girl.

"It's in the back." She smiled, walking ahead. I followed her to the back. "This is all we have." She pointed at the rack full of different types of binoculars. Do I buy one piece of every type? I don't know what kind she wants.

"Which one would you suggest?" I asked her.

"Depends, are you buying for a kid?" She asked. Yeah..she's twenty four.

"No."

"Oh, okay." She picked up a pair and handed them to me. Before she could open her mouth and praise the product, I thanked her and walked to the billing counter. Paying the bill, I looked at the binoculars. This shit is expensive.

A short drive home later, I walked up to our room only to find her crying. Did I take too much time?

"Celeste." She looked up at me, wiping her nose with her sleeve. "What's wrong love?" I asked her.

"I feel so useless..I can't even go to the bathroom on my own..and my head hurts and it's so annoying to use my left hand and you are not even going to the office because of me..and I don't want you to get annoyed with me." She cried.

"I won't." I promise her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Okay..can you take me to the balcony? I want to use this." She pointed at the binoculars I threw on the bed seeing her cry.

"Okay..change out of this shirt first." I say, unbuttoning her shirt. "I'll bring the other one." I tell her before getting another one.

Helping her into another shirt, I took her to the balcony.

"Chase." She called out, looking at the sky.

"Hmm?"

"Do you think it's too early?" She asked, turning the binoculars to face me.

"For what?"

"For..this?" She pointed to her stomach. "What if you stop liking me anymore after sometime?" She asked, ignoring the glare I was giving her. "Oh and what if you start liking someone else...someone closer to your age..you know..old like you." She smirked, bumping her shoulder with mine.

"Idiot."

"You know I was serious at the start right? Do you think.."

"No I don't." I dragged my chair away from hers, she pulled it back right where it was. "Stop being an ass..we're talking normally here." She scolded.

"Do you?" I direct her question back at her.

"I don't know bro." She sighed. When will she stop calling me bro? "What if they look like me?" She shook her head. "I don't think this world can handle so many gorgeous people at the same time..they have to look like you." She clicked her tongue.

"Fuck off."

"I can't bruh." She looked at her broken leg. She went back to try and look into the building infront of ours before gasping dramatically. What did she see? "What if I can't wear heels again?" She asked. Oh. "My side job." She started tearing up. "You know that heels are an important part of strip-"