05. Small Pieces of Love

Harry's point of view

A loud noise and a couple taps on the window caused me to wake. I wasn't able to see anything in this darkness, but I knew for sure that those small noises were Scarlett. Even though it was in the middle of the night and I was tired as fuck, I made myself get out of bed by force and by the thought of Scarlett coming home - safe. 

I took a quick look on my phone, 03:37am. Hearing a few more taps on the glass, I made my way to the uncovered window as I sighed sleepily and ran a hand through my messy hair. 

She was outside. 

I opened the window quickly and looked down at the freezing girl who rubbed her arms as her whole body shook. "Are you fucking crazy- why don't you go inside?" 

"The door is locked and I don't have a key." She stuttered.

"I'm coming down." I said before closing the window and going downstairs to unlock the door for her. I was tired, frustrated and mad at that girl for acting like a stupid teenager. She wasn't that stupid, it wasn't her - she was only doing it in protest. 

I got the front door opened for her quickly. As soon as she entered the house, I locked the door again and pulled her into a warm hug - she was absolutely freezing, cold as ice. 

"Are you drunk?" I asked her after a while, my voice low and calm. 

"Yes." She answered honestly, and well, I was so happy that she wasn't lying. 

I held her in my arms for a few minutes, happy and relieved that she was home again. I hated when she sneaked out, I absolutely hated it. Some nights, I would stay up all night until she would come home. Just because I knew how naive she was and what kind of stupid things she would do. 

"Can I sleep in your bed?" She asked quietly. 

I didn't answer. She didn't know Charlotte was staying over the night. She didn't know and she didn't need to know. But of course she figured it out, I could see it on her face. 

"Is she still here?" She asked again, this time more loud and.. hurt. 

"Scarlett, shh-" 

"Is she still here?" She repeated with more anger and pushed me away from her within a second before she ran upstairs, not caring about that there was people sleeping in this house. 

"Scarlett!" I hissed in a whisper and ran after her all the way into her room. Right when she turned around I could see the tears running down her cheeks. 

She was hurt. 

"This is my room, get out." 

"Baby please." I begged and she sat down onto the edge of her bed as she began to take off her clothes. "Don't freak out- God, I'm just happy you're home." 

She was left in a thin top and only a thong when she pulled her knees to her chest and hugged herself tightly. "I'm so cold." She breathed.

I got in her bed and pulled her under the sheets with me, in only my boxers - so I held her close to me, my skin against hers to warm her up quickly. 

"Shh." I hushed in her ear and rubbed her back to calm her down. I could hear her sobbing as she nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck, and I could smell the alcohol in her hair mixed with smoke. 

My arms tightened around her small body. I just wanted to keep her in my arms, wanted her to stop crying, wanted her to tell me what she had been during for the last six hours and where she had been.