Chapter 4

~TIME SKIP TO TWO MONTHS LATER BROUGHT TO YOU BY MAI~

Y/N P.O.V.

The last 8 weeks of my life have been pretty uneventful. Also, that damn hybrid is still stalking me. So today, I, Y/N, will investigate the situation.

I brushed my teeth and ate breakfast which was oatmeal, and prepared myself for the 'journey' ahead. I grabbed an axe and put it in the harness of the garter I was wearing. I also grabbed a machete just incase I couldn't pull my axe out on time. Getting a can of tuna, I put on my doc martens and headed outside through my backyard.

I got outside and my attention was immediately set on the thick woods behind it. My gut feeling told me that I would find something useful there if not the suspect hybrid itself. 

After walking in the woods for a while, I heard that oh-so familiar crunch and crinkle of the grass behind me.

It took me a while to pinpoint the bush the creature was hiding behind. I approached the bush shuffled a bit.

After realizing that I wasn't gonna go anytime soon, I guess the creature chose violence.

The hybrid bolted out of the bush and tried to lunge and tried to pounce on me. I dodged the attack with ease. Enraged by that outcome, the creature took a swing at me, it barely grazed my skin but it did leave a shallow cut. 

It went on like this for what could've been seconds, minutes, maybe even an hour but who knows, I wasn't paying attention to the time. After a while, the creature was worn out and out of breath. 

The creature was far too weak to do anything, so I approached it, and it tried to get away from me. Remembering I had a machete and a knife on me, I quickly threw them to the ground and crouched down to the hybrids level to show I meant no harm.

I could now safely approach the hybrid without scaring it too much. Upon further inspection, I found out that the very creature I was calling 'it' was male. A pretty feminine one at that. Nothing really gave it away I just could tell somehow.

I also noticed that he was...very skinny. It hurt my heart to see anyone in such a state. I pulled a canned tuna out of my pocket and offered it to that hybrid, who just stared at it with tired eyes. I held out my arms just in time to catch him.

"Guess he's reached his physical limit." I thought to myself.

I contemplated for a moment.

Should I bring him into my house, or should I try my best to treat him here?

After that moment I decided to bring him in that way I could treat him properly. It was getting pretty dark outside anyways. I put his smaller lighter body on my back and carried him back to my house.

~TIME SKIP TO AT Y/N'S HOUSE BROUGHT TO YOU BY MAI~

I opened the sliding door again and shut it behind me. I laid his fragile body gently onto the sofa and quickly brewed up something for him to eat.

I had some leftover rice and beef so I put some in a dish for him to eat. After reheating it, I sat next to him and put a spoonful of rice to his lips. He reluctantly opened his mouth and ate it. He passed out right after he swallowed. 

I scavenged my dresser for clothes that were too small for me even though they would still be kinda big on him because he is so small.  Shortly after, I inspected his wounds. It was mostly a few minor cuts except for a large gash on his right leg. It was covered in dried blood so I'm assuming it wasn't new. 

"I'm going to have to wash him before I treat his wounds."

Xiao P.O.V.

I slowly start regaining consciousness and blinked my eyes open.

I was in some sort of extremely mini lake with some sort of border around it.

(A/N: ya'll he is talking about a bathtub)

I soon felt the sensation of the warm water and hands on my back..? Why is there someone's hands on my back? I remembered what happened. I was fighting a human...a female human. But almost everything after that was a blur.

I shook my head and realized the situation I was currently in.

"You're finally awake. I thought I was gonna lose you for a sec." says a feminine voice behind me, probably that human from earlier. I decide not to speak to her until I know she is trustworthy.

"Not speaking? That's fine." She says.

I looked around and we were in some sort of room. I tried my best to figure out an escape plan but then I realized I was much too weak to even stand on my own. I hadn't eaten or drank anything in the past week so I was pretty weak at the moment. I decided to test my luck and hope that this human doesn't do anything bad to me.

The female human stood me up and I came to a realization, I'm naked.

I look around for my garments and couldn't find them anywhere. I turn to the female human and that's when I saw her for the first time up close.

"She's beautiful. So beautiful" was the first thing that came to my mind. But not as beautiful as my mother though. My mother was the only person that I could remember from my human life. Actually, her image is the only thing I could remember from my human life.

I stare at the human and her face looks startled. I don't understand why. She turned me around so that I wasn't facing her and quickly finished up what I am assuming is washing me. She lifted me out of the mini lake and took me to another room and placed me on something soft..so soft that I sank into it a little. 

She left the room and came back with clothes, but not mine. She also brought a box with a red square that had a white cross on it. I've seen it on a large building I passed by some time ago. She approached me and slid a undergarment on my lower half.

I could tell she was embarrassed. She turned around and took a deep breath. After a few seconds, she got to work.  

hope you enjoyed this chapter!~

- Mai