Chapter 11

ok so b4 we begin ch. 11 i want to thank you all for 10k reads!!

I'm so sorry my update schedule is so inconsistent. i have literally no ideas for this big doofy doopfuck(if u know what I'm referencing ilysm ❤) of a story.

anyways enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days after Xiao's heat subsided, Venti mysteriously disappears. You asked Xiao about it and he said that it wasn't a strange occurrence for him. And that it just happens sometimes. 

Anyways, you started to pick up on Xiao's small gestures , and to say it was weird would be an understatement. After his first heat with you he frequently came up to your hand and rubbed his head against it. At first, you didn't know what to do until Xiao himself, spoke up. 

Sometime towards the end of the day-while you were filing some documents on your laptop, Xiao decided it was the perfect time to practice his new habit. Like always you kept your hand stiff and unmoving. Xiao's jaw clenched in annoyance.

"why wont you just scratch my hand goshdamnit?!!" Xiao yelled as he stood up, and stomped his foot.

And then it finally clicked. He had obviously been trying to get you to scratch his head this whole time and when you didn't, he took it as a sign that you were ignoring him and possibly mad at him. But you were pretty surprised by his sudden outburst given that he has never showed that kind of emotion in front of you before. Normally, he would remain stoic and unfazed. To be honest, his stoicism terrified you. 

On the brink of tears, Xiao hurriedly ran to your room as to not let you see him in that state. He slammed the door shut.

"woah..." You thought. You eventually got up and went to your room to check up on Xiao. You opened the door slightly and slipped into the room. Xiao was sleeping under one of your blankets with the upper half of his face peeking through. Your suspicions of his previous weeping was now evident as the profound streak marks on his face were visible. You decided to just wait for him to wake up so you and him could talk.

~a few mins later~

"Mmnh~" Xiao moaned as his eyes peeled awake. He stretched his limbs until he heard an 

"Ow."

He sat up and turned his head to see you, on the bed with him. The memories of the recent chain of events flooded his mind and he became cold to you. 

"Get off my bed." he demanded.

"This is my bed you idiot. Anyways can we tal-"

"Sure." You've never seen him act this compliant before and it was kinda scaring you.

"So about what happened," You started.

Thank you for reading!!:))))