Chapter 14

its been around 2 days since Xiao had been taken away from you and it felt like hell. it would be an understatement to say that you missed him. it was like your whole world came crashing down just when life started to get good. you had finally gotten enough of it and decided to do something about it. and that's where your research began.

it wasnt like all the information about where Xiao had been taken to was gonna pop out of thin air so you were going to have to do some deep diggng. you knew that the HCC had some sort of a secret network where they recorded all of the hybrids the took in because you had heard from some... connections... that the HHC had actually been trying to hack into their database and steal information to help locate and free the hybrids.

because of your generous donations to the HHC, you've become kind of famous to them. you had spoken with one of your friends, Elana, whowas a freelance hacker until she joined the HHC and their cause. you had told her about your situation and asked if she could help and she happily obliged.

"Since Xiao has been taken recently, he will most likely be easier to find once we get access to their database." Elana said.

"Oh ok. Please contact me once you have some more info."

~~~~~

It had been around a week and a half since you heard from Elana and it was really stressing you out. you missed Xiao. your house seemed so empty without him roaming around doing random shit, your bed seemed too big without him there by your side. you even missed the occasional messes Xiao would make when trying to eat some cereal. the thought of him getting tortured and experimented on was tugging of your heartstrings so you took it upon yourself to try and call Elana again. 

before you could even find your phone, you heard your phone ring. your heart immediately dropped to your ass

*Ringggggg*

"HELLO?! Y/N CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Elana yelled.

"Yes yes I can. Whats the matter?" you answered in the calmest voice you could muster up.

"We finally have some access!" she shouted in excitement. your eyes lit up and you could almost feel your body ripple with excitement. 

"Thats great! What have yall figured out so far???" you asked.

"So we found a catalogue containing pictures of the hybrids. Most of them have a number next to their names but the ones that don't have... red marks instead. So they might be, you know, unalive. The list is very long so we are all searching through it and I'll tell you if i find anything out about Xiao okay?"

"Ok!" you hung up the phone thinking about all that she had said especially concerning the red marks next to some names. you could only hope that Xiao doesn't have a red mark.

but anyways, you couldn't wait another week or even day to figure out some more useful information so you decided it hit up some more people on... rather questionable websites. but hey, you were getting even more desperate than you already were. the mysterious guy that you decided to hit up went by the name 'Clif' and claimed to be a highly skilled software developer who apparently worked for the government.

you had also found some underground online communities who had experience with hackers and probably were filled with criminals but the mysterious 'Clif' guy kept coming up in many conversations. some said he was skilled and got the job done and some said he was a pain to deal with. (yall dont actually hire hackers off of the dark web. like seriously, dont)

the good comments about him was enough to convince you that this 'Clif' dude could possibly help you find and rescue Xiao. 

so you took the risk and hired him for a hefty $110 dollars. yeah its kind of a lot especially for someone with you financial situation but hey, this is the love of your life that you're looking for. so compared to not seeing him ever again, $110 dollars was nothing.

this 'Clif' mf was kind of hard to reach after you paid and that was pretty of shady. nonetheless, you still somehow got in contact with him. you told him all about your situation and he said that he might be able to help. 

although Clif seemed to be pretty shady, you still trusted him. i mean, he wouldnt get all of those good reviews if he was trash? but anyways, you would do anything for Xiao and you desperately needed him by your side so taking any risk and being able to have Xiao back would be worth it.

~~~~~

*4 days later

you and Elana have been talking for the past 4 days and she is giving you updates little by little. shes been sending you photos of different hybrids that somewhat fit the description of Xiao that you gave her and so far, there hasn't been any luck. since none of the pictures have names attatched to them, only numbers, she had to keep sending photos to you and have you check and see if any of them look like Xiao.

~~~~~

hey yall i cant believe that i uploaded 2 days in a row! honestly ive been reading a lot and it inspired me to try and continue this story. yeah ik this chapter is kinda dudu but anyways what do yall think is gonna happen next?(pls interact im lonely)